1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey rig for sale/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by FUNKonthewall, Oct 10, 2004.

1. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I'm upgrading my rig and it's time to clean house. I have for sale a Peavey Firebass 700 head, a 2x10TVX cab, and a 4x10TVX cab. This is a great rig for beginning/intermediate players wanting a solid, loud, reliable rig, or professionals wanting a nice backup/"rowdy gig" rig. I would like to get $700 for the whole rig, but I'm willing to accept a slightly lower price if you really want it. The price is negotiable. I would also be willing to trade for a nice 4x10 cab or a jazz bass if you want to throw something my way.

The head is currently in the shop. It's perfectly fine, but I just wanted it to get a good checkup before I sold it. Our local shop is really backed up though, so it could be a couple of weeks before I get it back. I just wanted to post this ad to see if anyone is interested.

The one modification that I made was painting the grills of the cabs different colors. The 2x10 is yellow and the 4x10 is orange. I got tired of black. :D I can change the color(s) back to black if you would like, or paint them any other color if you like the idea. Also, the tolex is a little torn on the back of the 4x10, but it only affects the appearance. These cabs have the kevlar impregnated speakers and are nice and punchy.

I will also sell/trade the rig in pieces, if you only need the head or a cab, or any combination of the two. PM me or e-mail me at rtdonald31@msn.com if you're interested. I'm going to post some pics once I can get a hold of my friend's digital camera. Thanks for looking! :)

2. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I have a local buyer interested in either of the two cabs (he's not sure which one will fit his needs) so I just wanted to put that out there, if anyone's interested. Pics soon, I promise. :)

3. 84Bruiser

84Bruiser

Sep 21, 2004
    But I'm looking for a firebass...

4. My friend is thinking of going the BX3000 and cheap cab route, how much for the 2x10 and 4x10 individually? Thanks