Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey rig for sale/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by FUNKonthewall, Oct 10, 2004.

1. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I'm upgrading my rig and it's time to clean house. I have for sale a Peavey Firebass 700 head, a 2x10TVX cab, and a 4x10TVX cab. This is a great rig for beginning/intermediate players wanting a solid, loud, reliable rig, or professionals wanting a nice backup/"rowdy gig" rig. I would like to get $700 for the whole rig, but I'm willing to accept a slightly lower price if you really want it. The price is negotiable. I would also be willing to trade for a nice 4x10 cab or a jazz bass if you want to throw something my way.

The head is currently in the shop. It's perfectly fine, but I just wanted it to get a good checkup before I sold it. Our local shop is really backed up though, so it could be a couple of weeks before I get it back. I just wanted to post this ad to see if anyone is interested.

The one modification that I made was painting the grills of the cabs different colors. The 2x10 is yellow and the 4x10 is orange. I got tired of black. :D I can change the color(s) back to black if you would like, or paint them any other color if you like the idea. Also, the tolex is a little torn on the back of the 4x10, but it only affects the appearance. These cabs have the kevlar impregnated speakers and are nice and punchy.

I will also sell/trade the rig in pieces, if you only need the head or a cab, or any combination of the two. PM me or e-mail me at rtdonald31@msn.com if you're interested. I'm going to post some pics once I can get a hold of my friend's digital camera. Thanks for looking! :)

2. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    I have a local buyer interested in either of the two cabs (he's not sure which one will fit his needs) so I just wanted to put that out there, if anyone's interested. Pics soon, I promise. :)

3. 84Bruiser

84Bruiser

Sep 21, 2004
    But I'm looking for a firebass...

4. My friend is thinking of going the BX3000 and cheap cab route, how much for the 2x10 and 4x10 individually? Thanks