Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey RJ IV RJ 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Panther, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    Way back in 1990/1991 I bought a Peavey RJ IV/RJ4-it's a four string Randay Jackson signature model.

They made some low/mid range models, but mine was all natural koa, with purpleheart stringers, neckthrough body, gold hardware, and within the control cavity in the back there is a 7-9 band preamp, where you can get varying tones-I think they are on/off postitions.

Very light bass, and very smooth.

It's been out of action for a while, and has some 'character', AKA visible use.

Does anyone out there have one of these??? Anyone know anything more about them, besides that they are discontinued long ago?

2. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I've just got myself a pink/red sunburst model with active circuitry. Picked it up for a bargain price from a US seller. :) However, it currently resides at a friends house in California (I'm in the UK) so I haven't played it yet. :bawl:

By all accounts it's a killer bass, very lightweight with bold, punchy tones! :bassist:

3. Panther

Panther

Dec 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia
    How much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I think it was approx $300.... :)