Peavey Rudy Sarzo bass (info please)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassplayer7770, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Does anybody have info they can share about this bass? Anything at all. Can you find pics?

What was the retail price new?
    When were they made?
    How does it sound, play, etc.?

Any info at all is much appreciated. Thanks so much.
  2. Try to find Steve Barr. Or head over to The dudePit.
    Last I knew he had a couple.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Warrior makes his sig model now. Nice pass, but the neck's too thin for my taste, but she sounds great.
  4. I may be trading my B5 for the Sarzo plus some cash. I don't care for the string spacing on the B5. I may also be able to try it out before making any trade, so that's a plus. One negative thing I've heard is that the preamp is noisy. Any other comments?
  5. I traded an old Fender Jazz V for one back in like '96. It was one of the first-run Sarzo models. I love the neck (slim, sleek, and smooth!) and it sounds good. I even added a HipShot to her, too. Playability is O.K. as I prefer a good P pick-up for the thumb but it looks/plays really nice. Right now I have it strung up with a set of GHS piccolo strings for my piccolo playing. Does the job nicely. :cool:
  6. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I bought one new back in about '90. Paid around $1100 w/case. I didn't have a clue about the usual 20% discount off list that you should expect at a music store. One of the nicest basses Ive owned. Trans violet, neckthrough, oval inlays, active 3 band eq. Very nice, one of the best looking basses Peavey ever made too.
  7. I got a Verdine White signature model, baically the same as the sarzo, several months ago and I really like it. The passive saound it quite nice and the active electronics are good but noisy if you use a lot of treble boost. IMO they are a lot of bass for the money.
  8. I might trade my SansAmp PSA-1 for a Rudy Sarzo bass in mint condition. Would it be a good deal? I payed 475 euro's for my PSA.
  9. Bass Kahuna

Bass Kahuna

Dec 3, 2002
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Luthier, Custom Builder
    When the Rudy Sarzo model first came out I was very impressed with the fit, finish, and quality of materials used.

Not sure what they go for used...

10. Wow! This is an old thread!:eek: :D There are two different Rudy Sarzo models I believe, so make sure you're getting the model you're expecting. I think The Dude at the Dudepit knows a few things about those basses.

On a side note, I now own a Peavey Cirrus.
  11. This is what I know about the bass:

Peavey Rudy Sarzo Signature Bass

Manufacturing Ca 1990
    made in USA
    brown colour
    4 Strings
    Neck Thru Construction
    Custom "eyes" inlays
    ebony fingerboard
    2 peavey humbuckers
    active bass w/ 3 band eq
    golden hardware
    shaller 3D bridge (string spacing also adjustable)
    Shaller machineheads
    pots are : vol / pan / treble / medium /bass
    active/passive switch
  12. Well, at least we know it's not the cheaper bolt-on model. Again, I'd talk to the Dude if you want more info or check eBay to see if any of those have sold recently and, if so, for how much.
  13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    There was also a washburn sarzo sig...

14. Dude...I want that,that'd be so awsome!

Nice wall o' sound it's infront of too by the way:)