1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey Sarzo Cirrus w/US Mods, NICE! (lowered price)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, Apr 30, 2016.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Price:
    $700
    Strings:
    Here is a beautiful Rudy Sarzo signature series Peavey Cirrus. Indo Made, 2012 model. Peavey Unveils Cirrus Rudy Sarzo Signature Bass

I'm having a custom MÜB built, so unfortunately this bass needs to go.

I modded it so it is essentially a USA Peavey Cirrus now. This bass is BAD-ASS!

I upgraded the stock G&B preamp to a USA Peavey Cirrus 3-band preamp. I also changed the GOLD Hardware to BLACK. Tuners are now Gotoh "W" branded GB7 tuners, so smooth and accurate. Stays in tune through climate changes, nice!
    Next I changed the "Gold Milled Bridge" to a black Hipshot A style. Better adjustment for lower action, spot-on intonation and this bridge gets much better string-to-body contact than the other one.

I did a full set up top to bottom. Wearing a set of Peavey Steels. Will include a set of Warwick Black Label Stainless also.

So now this very nice Cirrus is an excellent Cirrus. The set up and intonation are spot on. Low action, dead silent preamp, and very cool looks.

I think the Sarzo touch of the snake eye inlays looks KILLER. This is the only thing that is really weighing on me whether I want to sell this bass or not since I just got it and vastly improved it. Truth!

The fretwork is extremely impressive. Those of you who are used to the top shelf expectations of a Cirrus will be happily satisfied, and those who've never had the honor of playing or owning a Cirrus will be extremely happy with the high bar that is set by these basses. They do make most other basses just not feel that good anymore... Neck relief is so low, NO buzzing and truss rod turns easily both ways. Impressive indeed!

So how's the tone? Simply Amazing. Killer low end with the Neck-Thru Body. Samurai sword-like mids and glassy highs. I would say that the combination of the set neck and power plate give it a little more edge and presence over a neck through Cirrus. The USA preamp makes it sound EXACTLY like a US Peavey Cirrus, but then why wouldn't it ?

So, for those of you who always wanted a Cirrus but couldn't afford one and didn't want to buy the BXP model, then this is an excellent solution for you! Priced right in the middle.

So, you're getting $300 in upgrades and case. This is a smokin' deal for anyone!
    $750 $700 OBO, shipped in the hardcase, con US

Previous shop stamped USED on the rear of the HS. I donno why, but it changes nothing!

• 35" scale with four strings
      • Hipshot bridge, black
      • Gotoh tuners, black
      • Power plate for extra tone
      • Graphite-reinforced neck with dual expanding truss rod
      • Gloss finish on body and headstock, waxed and nice!
      • Ibanez SR Hardcase incl, brand new, fits perfectly!
      • Two Peavey VFL ™ active pickups
      • USA Cirrus 18v active preamp with +/- 10 dB boost/cut
      • Pau Ferro fingerboard with snake-eye inlays
      • Quilt maple top on Bamboo wings
      • Maple neck-through body construction with mahogany stringers
      • Dunlop strap locks, black, (USA Cirrus)
      • USA Cirrus rubber knobs included
      • 8.2 lbs
      • $750 $700 OBO, shipped in the hardcase, con US
    Some pics with more to come... (first pic when I tried an EMG preamp, hence the knobs. Nothing like the US Cirrus pre. :) )
    IMG_3173.JPG IMG_3111.JPG

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Where was this made? Thanks

xhawk5 likes this.
  3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    In first line if thread. Thanks. Don't be scared homie, this bass really is 'ALL THAT' and more...

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Doh, sorry I missed that!

xhawk5 likes this.
  5. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Wow...if I hadn't just bought a TL-Five, and if I weren't leaning more towards 5/6-string basses these days...good luck! :)

6. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Thanks...

7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Sale Pending...

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    fretlesswonder likes this.