1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey Scorpio

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Apr 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    $379
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. This listing is for my Peavey Scorpio. It is in great shape, just typical wear from normal use, and works perfectly. Includes the original bag.

$379 shipped. Please contact me with any questions. Thanks!

P1010067.JPG P1010064.JPG P1010065.JPG P1010066.JPG P1010068.JPG

2. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    These are fantastic basses - been my #1 for about 10 years. I keep trying to replace it, but it keeps slaying. Awesome P tone and my favorite neck profile ever. And a strong 'Best Bass for Metal' candidate.

wintremute, Reedt2000 and FilCo like this.
  3. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Um, I was told there'd be no math... Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    I had one for a while and I must say that it had just the most flat out awesome neck I ever played on a 4 string. These are fantastic instruments. Where was yours made?

bassguyky48 and Reedt2000 like this.
  4. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    I have no idea. I don't see anything on it that specifies where it was made.

5. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Relatively certain that the Scorpio DEs were made in China.

Reedt2000 likes this.
  6. Mike Sorr

Mike Sorr Um, I was told there'd be no math... Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Brick, NJ
    I'm pretty sure mine was. I believe there were some higher end versions that were made in the USA. These had the Musicman style spoke wheel truss rod adjuster at the neck heel. I've only seen one in pictures. Might have been Dave's for all I know.

7. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yeah, I remember seeing a 5-string version too, but neither made it to production. 99% that the one here is the highest one they released.

8. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    This looks like a great buy. If I wasn't swimming in basses I'd be all over it.

9. wintremute

wintremute mediocrity at its finest

Oct 16, 2014
    Vegas
    Endorsing Artist: Langstrom Carrot Farms
    I'M BUYING IT! Hands off all of you all!

How crazy. I've been checking TalkBass sporadically for this specific bass, but today I did an "all of craigslist" search and found it.

JPaulGeddy, FilCo and Skillet like this.
  10. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    It's like a hoaky old P bass got hot rod modded. I like that Tele style plate.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021