Peavey Stainless Steels (IMO)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by cassanova, Nov 5, 2002.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I finally broke down and bought some new strings. I must admit Im not a huge fan of stainless steels, but had this wild hair up my duff to try them again.

I bought a set of Peavey "STEEL". stainless steel strings gauged .045, .065, .080, .105, .126.

These strings are very crisp and yield more definition without compromising on bottom end than the previous set of nickles that I had on. The mids are throaty and have some growl without being overpowering, and cut threw the mix quite nicely. Slapping and popping tones are also easily achieved and sound quite nice with these strings. They also have a very balanced tone in all 5 strings. The B string is fairly taught and has a nice full sound without sounding muffled or boomy. Unfortunatly the B and E strings are not tapered but thats a minor discrepency to me.

The feel was a bit odd at first (felt very rough and corse) and took some getting used to but within a few hours I was able to get used to it and didnt even notice it anymore. The

The best part of them was the price. $19.50 at a local music store. YMMV on the cost.

I would definatly recomend these strings to anyone looking to try a set of stainless steels. Or even current stainless users. They are a very good sounding string at a great price.