peavey strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by msangster, Mar 22, 2004.

1. I just got a new Peavey Cirrus 4 string. It has a Bubinga body and a maple neck. the strings that came on it are very pingy,what can I do to make them more deeper sounding?
  2. eldarking

eldarking Guest

Jul 7, 2001
    Witham, Essex, UK
    I also have a Peavey C4 (the Euopean version of the Cirrus). I've had mine for about a year now, and you just need to wear the strings in a bit. They soon loose their "ping" when you start playing it regularly.

Hope this helps!

Btw, I have a small anomaly with my bass. It has a "scooped out" section, so that you can get underneath the strings when playing slap (a bit like the Ibanez Ergodyne series). Does anybody else have this, or have I been quoting the wrong model for a year?
  3. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    I've got the exact same bass....I used the Peavey strings....they were great. Then I got a set of D'Addario Slowwounds...they were awesome. One small problem...they stopped making them. I'll go back to the Cirrus strings cause they sound best on my particular bass. Tried DR's...ok...but inconsistent...Rotos were way too bright. It's really what you prefer. Try alot of different ones....but I keep going back to the Peavey's.

4. DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    I perfer to use the PV strings also on my Cirrus.