Peavey Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by some guy#2, Apr 11, 2002.

1. some guy#2

some guy#2

Feb 3, 2001
    Am I crazy? I dig Peavey strings! The Cirrus strings in particular... though I also really like the stock nickles that came on my FuryV.

I've played some DRs; think they're fantastic.
    I'd try the low riders but hear they are high tension.
    A good while back I played Dean Markley Blue Steels; thought they were pretty good.
    Played one set of Rotosounds; thought they were *sort of* like the DRs though different...Had them on a fretless & didn't leave them on long at all.
    LOVE the Fender 9120s (Nylon wound) on my fretless.
    I also played a set of Fender stainless flats & HATED THEM (far too much tension!)

Anyone else out there like Peavey strings?
    OR for that matter recommend another low tension nickel string.

Thanks in advance!
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Anyone know where to get the Cirrus strings? I looked around online a bit, but couldn't find them. I think I might like to at least give them a try.
  3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I like the Cirrus strings. I use them most all of the time on my Cirrus 5.

Seamus--You will probably need to find a Peavey dealer and pick them up there.
  4. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    They're very nice strings and I always string my Millennium 5 with 'em. Hard to find, though...
  5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Back in the day I used to like the Stainless Steel strings that came on my 80s Dyna-Bass. They were tough to find, but when I found a set at a Peavey Dealer I'd buy them. I tried lots of different strings on that bass but always came back tot he Peavey strings. They last a long time too. I like them! I like Fender and Ernie Ball strings, too, maybe the bass manufacturers know something about strings! :)
  6. Another vote for Cirrus strings.I also use them on my Millenium 5 and they sound very clear and seem to last.I get them for about $20 at my local Peavey dealer.Good price for a 5 string set.
  7. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Thanks Ryan, I'll check the local shops.
  8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I really liked the strings that came on my Cirrus and my Millennium but I guess you can call me a traitor now. I switched to D'Addario Slowounds on all of my basses. Price was part of that decision. I have a source where I can get them for a few bucks less than the 4 & 5 string Peavey sets. That wasn't the only reason though. These strings actually feel and sound very good to me. I would go back to the Cirrus strings in a heartbeat if I could for a similar price on a consistent basis.
  9. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i use peavey cirrus strings on my jay turser MM copy and on my fender fretless, they sound really nice.
  10. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    you can order the peavy strings from sam ash...
  11. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    ..they're great strings. I used them on both my fretted and fretless basses (both Cirrus's) until recently. I've switched to Labella Deep Talkin' Bass Tapewounds on my fretless and I'm in heaven. It's a roundwound string with nylon wrapping that I found out about in this forum (thank you whoever you were).

The Cirrus strings last long without the brittle brightness I got from the Roto's and DR's until they got broken in a little.

I think you'll like them.