1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Peavey Super Festival F-800G Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Razman, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Price:
    ***See updated info, more pics, and Youtube video of this amp in action!***

Folks, for your consideration is a Peavey Super Festival series head, the F-800G! Basically it's an 800B (the bass version) with the addition of fuzz, reverb, and 'phasor' circuits - how cool is that? And I can confirm what many others have stated about this head - it's pretty darn loud!

Deoxit took care of some scratchy pots and now all are perfectly silent, and the fan hadn't been cleaned in decades but it looks like new now (albiet a little noisy). You'll see in the pics what I hooked it up to and I was not disappointed. I couldn't imagine what a guitar would sound like through this and two full Marshall stacks - totally arena ready!
    Edit: some pots are still a little scratchy but it's minor, I can revisit them. Fan was installed UPSIDE DOWN!?! Fixed, and now silent. :)

Since it's what, 40-ish years old, you'll get some hiss if you turn up the treble. At lower volumes (but still plenty loud) you can up your bass to really get some thunder out of it. When really cranked it won't give you ultra-lows but it's definitely usable with a five string - you'll still hear it. Slappers will love this thing - it cuts like a GK RB series, bright and snappy, and downright painful when really turned up. :eek:
    Edit: Had new power caps installed. Amp is now bright and full sounding. It definitely thunders now! Even into a 4 ohm fridge, it slays! :bassist:

The overdrive works (70's buzz sounding) and the phasor is always on - turning the depth down is like turning it off. It sounds more like a tremolo however, and the speed knob allows for a wide range of speeds. I haven't been able to test the reverb or fuzz, and the phasor knob seems inoperative - I've read that one needs the footswich to activate them, so I'm doing some more research. The footswitch seems more rare than the amp though. :eyebrow:
    Edit: I found a footswitch!!! Got it wired up to work with this head and it is fantastic, all effects can be turned on or off, and they all work great! :thumbsup:

PS, this thing sounds great with bass - the effects are very usable, the EQ frequencies are identical to the F-800B, but the TB mods moved my ad to the misc. section because of the "G" designating it as the guitar version. Don't miss out on this unicorn of an amp!

2021 UPDATE: Working on replacing the reverb pot as it works for about a week until it re-oxidizes again. :banghead: Top plastic vent plate has been replaced with a new one, and I have positioned the feet so that you can use it on top of any cabinet now. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. bro.....
    i have absolutely zero need for this but it's still a dope amp

3. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Melbourne... ROAD TRIP!! Say the word mate, I'll strap it on the back of the bike and do some social distancing. :bassist:

4. hstrutz

hstrutz

Jul 11, 2020
    Is this still available! Im very interested!

5. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    PM sent, still available! Sounds great through my new (to me) Henry the 8x8.

6. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    And welcome to Talkbass! It's a great community, full of lots of insight & wisdom, sprinkled with plenty of sarcasm. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Enjoy!

7. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Next week I'm traveling to Miami via POV and could bring it with, if there was an interested party anywhere south of Jacksonville. Just sayin'...

8. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    THIS JUST IN!! Found a bass on the GAS list so I have updated the price and bumping it TTT. Also, I'll be traveling to central Texas via I10 from NE FL next week - on the off chance that someone interested along that corridor would like to check it out. PM me if interested!!

Eric

redstrand likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021