1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey T-20 truss rod stripped

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jerryjg, Jul 24, 2007.

1. jerryjg

jerryjg

Aug 20, 2006
    I have a peavey T-20 with a fretless neck , but the Truss rod in the neck is stripped or something. You can adjust it to where the bass plays with nice low action, but it wont stay adjusted..it returns to high action. Can this truss rod be fixed? I dont see anyway to get to it. Can i the truss rod be pulled out from the neck and fixed or is the neck a goner?? Thanks!

2. jerryjg

jerryjg

Aug 20, 2006
    Yes, sorry. I live in South Texas near San Antonio, and we are aslo having the wackiest summer i can ever remember..in fact..so far, its the summer that never was. Rain everyday for 2& 1/2 months and no scorchig weather as per usual here at thhis time, but thats all because i got dumped by my GF and the resultant fracture of my psyche destroyed the harmonic balance of nature. No, really! Haha , but actually... the guitar is a 80.00 pawn shop special i picked up just awhile back, and the neck looked very bowed, and I adjusted the truss rod down to where the action was nice and low , but it was back to very high action in a cpl weeks. That was the first time. Now, The truss rod is not able really adjust down low as the first time I adjusted it. Its still playable, but i like the action on the low side. Thanks for your help. And... Whats this...Global warming???