1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey T-20

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TJBass, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Theres one in a pawn shop near me, looks pretty good, and I'm gassing for a new bass to play around with. What would be a fair price for me to pay for a T-20? How is the tone on one of these? Do they slap well? And most important....anyone got one?

2. $200-250 seems to be the going price for a descent one. Less for a beater, a little more for MINT condition.

I love mine. It has a more focused range than a standard P bass but still a great overall tone. I can get a nice, classic P bass tone with some easy tweaking of my Markbass LMII. They are rock solid, well made basses.

I took the pickup ring/thumbrest off mine.

[​IMG]

3. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Second that. Much better than anything new in that price range too. Nice picture of your bass.

4. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    I paid $100 for this one and gave it to my daughter for XMas. Non-original knobs, no truss rod cover or pickup ring/thumbrest. I gave it a setup and some new strings and it's definitely a keeper.

[​IMG][/IMG]

5. Thanks! I wanted the bass and the background to be from the same era :) I agree, you will not find a better built, better playing or better sounding bass in that price range. It's got a slightly thinner neck and SLIGHTLY smaller and lighter body than a T-40. :bassist: I need to find a truss rod cover for mine. I tried making one from two different types of plastic and neither of them look or BEND properly :mad:

6. Jeeps and basses! They just seem to go together!

So how does this bass slap? how wide is the neck compared to a fender jazz?

7. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I seem to remember later models having a sort of built in thumbrest on the pickup cover...anyone remember that?

8. Yes, both my T-20 and Fury came with them but they get in my way :meh: I'm not a thumbrest kinda guy :smug: