1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey T-40 for trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Crap, May 16, 2003.

1. Crap

Crap

May 16, 2003
    okay guys i wanna get rid of my t-40 for something else.

i know it's a good bass, i DO like it, but it's just not for me. the neck is way too big for my girl-sized hands, and i really prefer a bass that isn't so damn bright.

i wont lie, this thing is in "fair" condition. it aint pretty. the wood grain is way darker than it should be ,and the neck/fretboard has quite a bit of scratch marks and ugly crap on it. also, the input jack is touchy, and kinda picky, but other than that it works perfectly. i think with the darker wood grain it actually looks cooler than most natural t-40's i've seen. the out-of-phase switch on it works as well as everything else. it has blade style pickups, and it's natural finish with a maple fretboard. it's a 1983 model (i emailed peavey awhile back).

i've personally taken good care of it but like i said it's in "okay" condition. it's all cosmetic except for the input jack though i assure you!!

basically i want a jazz bass for it. anyone have a jazz bass they're sick of and wanna get rid of? well i got a t-40 im not really using anymore so if you want it let me know! like i said it's a cool bass but it's not really for me. all offers are welcome, and i'll consider guitars as well if anyone has any to offer. thanks a lot!

2. Crap

Crap

May 16, 2003
    im also interested in P/J basses

anybody?
    :(

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Would you consider a '00 MIM Fretless Jazz in Good+ shape?

PM me if interested.

-robert

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there are a few guys over at the harmony central bass forums who are real into the peavey t-40's. you might want to try over there - acapella.harmony-central.com , go to the bass forum.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, I have a MIM P-Bass with a bent neck(might be able to fix it,,, maybe.) making it damn hard to play(high action) a broken pot on the tone, so no knob, and a broken tone pot. Works,... just a peice snapped off. Belt buckle scratches, chip in the paint.... head stock bumps....

Jesus, nevermind.

6. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Do you still have this bass? I E-mailed you but no response.

Pkr2

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'll trade you an amp head for it... its like right under this or something... (Bass Amp For Sale)...