Peavey T-40 for trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Crap, May 16, 2003.

1. Crap

May 16, 2003
    okay guys i wanna get rid of my t-40 for something else.

i know it's a good bass, i DO like it, but it's just not for me. the neck is way too big for my girl-sized hands, and i really prefer a bass that isn't so damn bright.

i wont lie, this thing is in "fair" condition. it aint pretty. the wood grain is way darker than it should be ,and the neck/fretboard has quite a bit of scratch marks and ugly crap on it. also, the input jack is touchy, and kinda picky, but other than that it works perfectly. i think with the darker wood grain it actually looks cooler than most natural t-40's i've seen. the out-of-phase switch on it works as well as everything else. it has blade style pickups, and it's natural finish with a maple fretboard. it's a 1983 model (i emailed peavey awhile back).

i've personally taken good care of it but like i said it's in "okay" condition. it's all cosmetic except for the input jack though i assure you!!

basically i want a jazz bass for it. anyone have a jazz bass they're sick of and wanna get rid of? well i got a t-40 im not really using anymore so if you want it let me know! like i said it's a cool bass but it's not really for me. all offers are welcome, and i'll consider guitars as well if anyone has any to offer. thanks a lot!
  2. Crap

May 16, 2003
    im also interested in P/J basses

3. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Would you consider a '00 MIM Fretless Jazz in Good+ shape?

PM me if interested.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    there are a few guys over at the harmony central bass forums who are real into the peavey t-40's. you might want to try over there - , go to the bass forum.
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well, I have a MIM P-Bass with a bent neck(might be able to fix it,,, maybe.) making it damn hard to play(high action) a broken pot on the tone, so no knob, and a broken tone pot. Works,... just a peice snapped off. Belt buckle scratches, chip in the paint.... head stock bumps....

Jesus, nevermind.
  6. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Do you still have this bass? I E-mailed you but no response.

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'll trade you an amp head for it... its like right under this or something... (Bass Amp For Sale)...