1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey T-40 SUNBURST - LOTS OF PHOTOS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gastric, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Peavey T-40 in awesome, beautiful sunburst. Includes molded Peavey case.

Started life as a black T-40 with some minor functional issues. I bought a 2nd T-40 for parts, swapped the black body for the *MUCH* more attractive sunburst body. Had a local tech replace one of the pickups which was on the fritz, 3 way pickup selector, and rewire. Phase switch was replaced by a previous owner. Has brand new DR Low Rider strings on it.

Overall the bass is in excellent condition considering it's age. No major damage to the body (though minor dings along the edge, and buckle rash), only one ding on the back of the neck is particularly noticeable while playing as seen in the 2nd neck photo), and even then is minor IMO. Hardware is all in excellent condition, no rust or major pitting, has all it's screws, pickup surrounds and pick guard are totally crack free.

Really, overall this is one sexy bass. The only downside to these is the weight, and that parts are rare and hard to find if you encounter any problems. The only issues with this particular bass is the setup is mediocre and is rattly when playing higher on the neck. But the neck appears totally fine, straight, etc. and I'm sure it just needs to be setup properly, which I'm not personally capable of. And thanks to it being old the case has a very slight "old" odor which stinks up the bass a little if stored in the case for extended periods of time. The case is also a little rattly, there's some plastic pieces or something in the shell that rattles slightly. But it's fully functional, fits the bass like a glove like a case should, and only has minor wear.

Just bought a brand new G&L 5 string, which oddly also rattles towards the top of the fretboard, and I've sold my Ibanez SR506, and this one is also now on the for-sale list.

$450 OBO shipped. Shipping in US only. Verified PayPal only. Only trade I'm interested in is some sort of rack mountable bass head, or preamp/poweramp combo. Needs to have DI out with it's own level control and run down to 4ohm and not weigh much more than 30lbs total.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Looks to be in great shape bump

3. gastric

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Bump.

I'd also trade this straight up for some sort of ass kicking 2U stereo power amp like a QSC PLX or something similar.

4. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I just sold one exactly like this , well mine was not as clean, bump for a great bass.

5. gastric

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Would also trade for/towards any fretless or for a 4 string bass with a narrow jazz style neck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.