1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey T-40

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by the federalist, Apr 21, 2019.

1. the federalist

the federalist I think about basses a lot. Supporting Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    This listing is remarkably similar to a listing for a Peavey T-40 that sold last November. It's not the same instrument. I purchased the bass locally from the original owner.

The original owner told me he played the bass only a few times when he bought it, then put it away for 30+ years. He's downsizing and didn't want to bring it with him.

The bass presents exceedingly well, very close to new:
    20190421_150706.jpg 20190421_150810.jpg
    • The finish on the bass is superb, with no scratches, gouges or bumps that I detect.
    • The pots and switches all work, and are quiet.
    • The frets show no signs of wear (see photos for condition of the 3rd fret, which is representative of all frets).
    • The tuners are smooth.
    • Truss rod works.
    • The plastic overlay is still on the bass.
    • The strings may be original; I forgot to ask him. They may be Peavey Gliders, as the case has a brochure for these strings.
    • The chrome on the bridge and the neck plates show very slight imperfections, as shown in the photos.
    The original locking Peavey hardshell case, along with original key, manual, warranty card and Allen wrenches, is in terrific condition. The photos show what's included.

Weight: 10.9 lbs

Serial number indicates this is a 1981 model.

Price includes shipping in CONUS via FedEx Ground only.

Not interested in trades.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    That is the nicest T-40 I've ever seen. My only problem with it is I would never want to take the plastic film off!

3. surbahar

surbahar

Jan 16, 2011
    Is this beauty still available?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021