1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey T.B. Raxx Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by KPJ, Apr 30, 2009.

1. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Peavey T.B. Raxx, a solid no-frills tube preamp with a Fender style tone circuit for pre-gain and a 15db +/- post gain EQ circuit. No XLR out, just two 1/4" outs, one 0db and the other +10db so it can drive any power amp. Has JJ tubes installed, one ECC81 in the pre socket and an ECC83 in the post. $125 shipped in the CONUSA, PayPal or money order.

2. Rawkabilly

Rawkabilly

May 4, 2007
    Central IL
    Free bump for a killer preamp at a great price!
    Wish I had the cash. :(

3. If my old Ampeg sells this weekend, I'll take you up on it (providing its still here!).

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Still available!

5. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Someone asked so...

Yes, I do have the stock Peavey tubes that came with the pre. They are 12AX7/ECC83s. In stock configuration, the pre gain breaks up too soon and yields more of a guitarish distortion, which could be useful for some applications, especially if you split your signal and run a dirty/clean setup. By swapping in the ECC81, the pre doesn't break up as soon or as harshly and has a much better all-purpose bass tone.

6. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    bump

7. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Bump for the weekend. Get Mom what she really wants... A TUBE PREAMP!

8. tduck

tduck

Jan 5, 2007
    email sent

9. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    email replied!

10. Bofee

Bofee

Aug 19, 2005
    Grass Valley, CA
    These things make great overdrive units, a very under rated pre.

11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    SOLD!