Peavey T-MAX 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LizardKing45, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Do you guys have any experience with the Peavey T-MAX head or the 1x15 combo with that head? Its 350w@4 ohms and 500w@ 2 ohms. I found someone willing to sell me the T-MAX 115 combo for >$400. I thought this was a great deal even for the head, let alone the combo cab too! And if i didnt like the combo, i can use the 500w head in a rackmount, and use any speaker cab I want. What i really wanted to know is what are you peoples' opinions on this Combo for the price.. seems cheap for 500w..
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    If you don't buy it, please tell me where it is!!!

I want another, the one I've got now is wonderful. Sounds great, easy to use, and built like a tank (one of the only drawbacks actually, cuz it kinda weighs like one too! ;) ). They're sadly out of production now, for some reason I can't begin to fathom :confused:. Everyone I know that has one is thrilled with it. Unless the one you're looking at has been abused or damaged, I'd say "BUY IT!".

Mine has been abused constantly for the past 5+ years, never once a hiccup. Highly recommended amp. Can't speak for the speaker, as I've always used 10's, instead of 15's. Based on what I've heard others here that do use them say and my own experience with the Peavey 410 and 210 cabs I use, you probably can't go wrong.
  3. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Love mine. It causes massive internal bleeding if you stand too close. :)

Gard: I suspect that they are out of production because they were expensive (for Peavey) and they weren't moving very many of them. In any event, I agree with you -- a shame, but I'm glad I've got mine.

They still over the Max pre-amp though, which can be coupled with any power amp.

Back to the cabs. I use a 210 TXF and a 115BX BW with mine -- I think it can technically classified as a weapons system. :)
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have T-Max head, and it makes me do this - :D

A used T-Max head usually sells for at least $300, so $400 for a T-Max 115 combo is a great deal (as long as it's in decent shape).

Buy it!
  5. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Dude: Just checked your profile. Same rig setup as me. Righteous!
  6. I own a Max pre-amp that I just love. Go for the T-Max, it's a great head.