1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey T-Max 210 speaker phase?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lowtrac, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Lowtrac

Lowtrac

Dec 13, 2006
    Senoia, GA
    I play through this amp at church. I've never been able to get a nice tone out of it, and last night I had some time before practice to fiddle with it. I noticed that the speakers appear to be out of phase. I'm assuming this is not supposed to be, but I wanted to make sure. One cone goes out, the other goes in. I haven't pulled the speakers out to see if one is disconnected. Hopefully it is, and it's not just a dead speaker. Someone broke the ground pin off of the power cable, and the input jack is loose. I'm planning on bringing it home next week and giving it a little TLC.

2. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    It should sound "thin" if they are out of phase. Easiest way to check is to use a 9 volt battery to the input. If they go in opposite directions, they are out of phase.

3. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    If one speaker is going in, they sure are out of phase.
    Also when you take it home be sure to replace that plug, it'll take 5 minutes and 3 bucks.