1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey T-MAX head for sale or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by notabob, Aug 17, 2004.

1. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    I have a peavey T-MAX head here that i am looking to sell or trade. i have had it for a little less than a year and i bought it off of a fellow tber here. it works perfectly. 200 watts @ 8 ohms, 350 @ 4 ohms, 500@ 2 ohms. yes, it can be safely run at 2 ohms and i have been doing so for a few months with no problems. the only reason i am considering selling this is because i just purchased a poweramp so there is no reason to lug this around too except for the crossover/ preamp section. so, i would be willing to trade this head for a preamp that has a crossover, or even if it doesnt i might still consider it. one pre that looks specifically attractive is the peavey MAX preamp. so, ill do that trade or ill sell it straight out for $340 SHIPPED and that includes the footswitch. this amp has a 7 band EQ, a overdrivable tube and a solid state channel that can be changed with the footswitch and can be combined for unique tones. the only thing cosmetically wrong, other than a few scratches is that the silver top on one of the knobs that serves no purpose whatsoever is missing. it does nothing but looks shiny. i can take a picture if it is a problem for you. this amp also has a tunable crossover and an effects loop and a direct out and a preamp out and a power amp input which bypasses the pre to use it as a poweramp. a nice head. just let me know if you have any questions or offers.

here is a pdf manual for the head off of peavey's site that can explain the functions and features and stuff a little better.

http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80302264.pdf

you can kinda see the knob in this picture. it is the one on the far right.
    [​IMG]

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Maybe most people might think Peavey is a bit cheapsounding crap, but not this head. It has a lot of power and sounds very nice. I use it myself with a 410 underneath and I am always delighted how nice the bassound is. The tube-channel sounds very well and the EQ section too.

You won't regret buying it.

3. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    wanting to ship out now for $340 SHIPPED!! thats a steal. come get it. (i will consider trades)

4. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    will consider partial/ possibly full trades for preamps, power conditioners, and 4 space rack cases. i will ship this head in a 2 space rack case if the winner wants to pay a little extra for the shipping because the rack is pretty hefty. send me offers. it cant hurt to make an offer, now can it? i may also consider trades for cabs or basses...just run it by me.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    If you'll do a stright up trade, maybe with me adding in a lil bit of cash, I've a four string Peavey RSB bass. Solid Koa body, VFL active pickups, Pau Ferro fretboard, flamed maple neck?
    Lemme know, either by e-mail, IM or PM.
    Ray

6. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    still available...looking mainly for a preamp or maybe a...dare i say it, accoustic electric guitar. hit me with whatever you got. hey, the worst that could happen is that i would say im not interested.

[​IMG]