Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey T-MAX head for sale or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by notabob, Aug 17, 2004.

1. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    I have a peavey T-MAX head here that i am looking to sell or trade. i have had it for a little less than a year and i bought it off of a fellow tber here. it works perfectly. 200 watts @ 8 ohms, 350 @ 4 ohms, 500@ 2 ohms. yes, it can be safely run at 2 ohms and i have been doing so for a few months with no problems. the only reason i am considering selling this is because i just purchased a poweramp so there is no reason to lug this around too except for the crossover/ preamp section. so, i would be willing to trade this head for a preamp that has a crossover, or even if it doesnt i might still consider it. one pre that looks specifically attractive is the peavey MAX preamp. so, ill do that trade or ill sell it straight out for $340 SHIPPED and that includes the footswitch. this amp has a 7 band EQ, a overdrivable tube and a solid state channel that can be changed with the footswitch and can be combined for unique tones. the only thing cosmetically wrong, other than a few scratches is that the silver top on one of the knobs that serves no purpose whatsoever is missing. it does nothing but looks shiny. i can take a picture if it is a problem for you. this amp also has a tunable crossover and an effects loop and a direct out and a preamp out and a power amp input which bypasses the pre to use it as a poweramp. a nice head. just let me know if you have any questions or offers.

here is a pdf manual for the head off of peavey's site that can explain the functions and features and stuff a little better.

http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/80302264.pdf

you can kinda see the knob in this picture. it is the one on the far right.
    [​IMG]

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Maybe most people might think Peavey is a bit cheapsounding crap, but not this head. It has a lot of power and sounds very nice. I use it myself with a 410 underneath and I am always delighted how nice the bassound is. The tube-channel sounds very well and the EQ section too.

You won't regret buying it.

3. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    wanting to ship out now for $340 SHIPPED!! thats a steal. come get it. (i will consider trades)

4. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    will consider partial/ possibly full trades for preamps, power conditioners, and 4 space rack cases. i will ship this head in a 2 space rack case if the winner wants to pay a little extra for the shipping because the rack is pretty hefty. send me offers. it cant hurt to make an offer, now can it? i may also consider trades for cabs or basses...just run it by me.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    If you'll do a stright up trade, maybe with me adding in a lil bit of cash, I've a four string Peavey RSB bass. Solid Koa body, VFL active pickups, Pau Ferro fretboard, flamed maple neck?
    Lemme know, either by e-mail, IM or PM.
    Ray

6. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    still available...looking mainly for a preamp or maybe a...dare i say it, accoustic electric guitar. hit me with whatever you got. hey, the worst that could happen is that i would say im not interested.

[​IMG]