Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey T-MAX head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skydiver, Aug 30, 2000.

1. skydiver

skydiver

Aug 30, 2000
    Does anyone know if T-Max is still produced by Peavey? (it disappeared just a week ago from Peavey's web site...)
    What about this head??
    Thanks!

2. On the Peavey bassamp forum i was told that the t-max is not produced anymore. Don't ask me why, it was their best amp

Johannes

3. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Yes, apparently they discontinued this model late last year or early this year -- right after I got mine! (kind of gives you an unsettling feeling when they nuke a product right after you buy one) Too bad, too, because its a pretty good amp. They still make the T-Max pre-amp, though, which you could match with a power amp of your choice.

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The T-Max is a great amp! I just bought a used one from a listing on bassgear.com. They will also pop-up on eBay from time to time. I like mine so much, I'm thinking of buying another one :D - one for gigs and one for practice.

5. I love my Tmax, but in the interest of a lighter rig, I am replacing it with the Max preamp. I use a Peavey CS800s as my power source now, so in essence, I'm lugging an extra 30 or so lbs around. I plan on keeping the Tmax, but if anyone out there has to have one, I'd part with it. No reasonable offer refused- between bass players of course...

6. ribob1

ribob1

Aug 30, 2000
    I've owned a T-Maxx for about 3 years now and it hasnt failed me yet.......

7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Hi,
    My name is Chris and I want to join Tmax anonymous. I love my Tmax, too. Thanks and Goodnight.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

8. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    hey:
    iv'e owned one of these since they first came out and they are great.i have the 4 ten bottom and a boss me8b with it.it has never let me down once.and i have used it steady for playing and practice.check it out at http://www.angelfire.com/band/witzend beleive me you wont be sorry if you purchase on of these.

as alway's rock till ya drop !!!!!!!

9. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    what an awesome head

[​IMG]

i use the head as an expensive preamp, and send it through a Crown xti 1000 into a Ampeg1832. Oh baby oh baby

10. Yelsew

Yelsew

Jan 12, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Can anyone tell me anything about the DDT compression? Like how much red is too red on the LED?? :eek: I'm wondering if it's a hard limiter? Also too I'm afraid to push the amp too hard to hear the red enough to know if it has any usable sound properties or not but I suspect too much red is probably a bad thing. I got my cab today so it's the first time I've fired the rig up. So far I'm enjoying the tone and appreciate the graphic eq a lot. I've got it matched up with an Avatar B212 neo. :bassist:

11. Way Off Bass

Way Off Bass

Jul 30, 2008
    Boone, NC
    EZ Music Co.
    I too love this amp.

12. gregoire1

gregoire1

Oct 19, 2008
    Nashville
    this has to be the oldest thread ever.

13. rich007

rich007

Nov 21, 2009
    just picked up one of theese for peanuts....and its set my playing on fire,yeah its as heavy as the car it travels in and yes the fan hums like a a/c factory unit but they dont make amps like this anymore....i have just sold my br2e as it was bad side by side with the t-max........peavey should make this amp again but i suspect it would retail for nearer 2000 dollars if they did...just need a second now incase she dies.........................................

14. yeah its nearly 10

ok on its 10th b-day i think we should send it a card

15. oyobass

oyobass

Feb 20, 2008
    Spanaway, WA
    IME, it's hard to kill a Peavey, even if you want to...

16. TheRealKong

TheRealKong

Mar 17, 2011
    I just bought a used one 3 days ago. Tis evening I do my first show with that amp. I will post a review after finishing it -but, I think, I write it rather tomorrow

First I am that astonished about the clarity and pressure uf the tube - section. The solid-state-section does a beautiful natural sound, and mixed up it is a sensation!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

17. deepbluesuk

deepbluesuk Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    One of Peaveys best amps.

18. i bought one yesterday, tried it out in the garage, at a neighbour friendly volume, first impressions is good. i can't afford a svt atm, but....to be honest, it sounded the same!!
    rehersal tomorrow so well hear it as it should be used!!:)

19. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Best bass amp Peavey ever made in my opinion. Now only if it wasn't so darn heavy!

20. william curl

william curl

Feb 13, 2012
    Mt Vernon Ga
    Been playing one for over 12 years a lot of smoke an beer have been on it through it and ever thing else. Still not the first problem .thought about selling it a couple of times but cant seem to pull the trigger on any thing else.the only problem is the fans are loud on these heads.I cant say its the best head out there or the best head peavey ever made but its the best I've had.