1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey T-Max in da flippedy floppedy floop!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Squidfinger, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Pawn shops rule!!!! They always have better deals than music stores.

I've recently had it with my Genz Benz ML200-115T, so I've been looking around pawn shops for a possible trade (I don't have a job). It had 2 unforgivable features. The first was that the tweeter couldn't be turned down or off. The highs were like an icepick on a chalkboard. The second was that it had only a 3 band eq. I never could get the mids right and ended up just turning them off half the time. I learned a valuable lesson though, never buy an amp before playing it.

Anyways, back to the T-Max. I played it for about 30 minutes and it sounded great. More smooth and not quite as gritty as most other Peavey's I've played. The guy a wanted $425 for it plus a peavey 4X10. Awesome deal, I just had no cash. So I brought my Genz, Crate BX-50, and TV up there and offered a trade for the rig. The guy said he would give me $130 for the Genz, $60 for the Crate and $30 for the TV. Not even close. So I offered to trade the Genz for just the head. He said he'd have to hear it. I soloed my butt off and he really liked it :bassist: . He told me he was a guitarist in a gigging blues band. Forgot the name. Anyways, he told me it was my lucky day and we made the trade. It just sucks I have no cab for it yet.

I know this is yawn material for most of you, it's just the first time I've been happy with my equipment. The Genz was a catastrophe and all 3 Ibani I owned prior to my Fender P-bass were garbage.

I just had to share. Peavey rules!!!!! :bag: