1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Peavey T40 black with maple neck VGC $275

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBass, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To my fellow low enders here, I am pricing this at my cost. Fished off Ebay recently for cheap, plus new strings and the luthiers bill for fret dressing and setup.

Of course, it plays like a dream now. This is my second T40, having a HEAVY solid oak early model as well. Morphing into a forever five player, I only need one good 4 string gig bass. I bought this black one for "show" as its one of the flashier T40 styles.

Bass is in VGC with some buckle rash. Neck is very nice with a non-tapered Jazz feel, very "fendery". Pickups are hotter than my older T40; they really have some huge output for a passive rig. All controls work mint and the tone control coil splitting works. You can go from growly jazz to boomy P, to rick, to ray on this one. The pickup selector switch has been replaced. Pickguard is 'muddled', i.e. not shiny anymore. I havent tried to buff it out.

Recent setup. D'Addario nickle rounds are fresh ( this bass requires the extra long D'Addarios ). Plays great.

I offer my "show" T40 to a fellow T40 lover. My cost is 167 off Ebay and 110 at the lutiers, so $277 + shipping ( $280 if by PayPal) Should be under or at $300 all in.

This T40 is lighter than my other oak one,. but its still a beast. Wepaons grade axe = 10 lbs on a bathroom scale.

Comes with original plastic molded Peavey case. I'll photocopy my original instruction manual for it as well.

While the pics kinda suck, this bass looks great for its age. Nice shiny black finish, some belt rash, but no huge dings. Sound-wise - GREAT! Sounds like a Jazz on steriods. Huge output too!

$275!

Attached Files:

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    PM sent.

3. Flat, I'll pass on that trade. I should have been more specific. I would be looking for a passive 5 string only. Thnx for looking though.

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    That is one sweet bass!

5. I wish it had 4 more frets..........bump for an awesome looking bass!

6. Hahah, I wish my Lakland 5501 had this passive electronics setup!

7. Back on the market......

8. BUMP!

Please help me pay for my Valenti! :)

Some more pics...

[​IMG]

Flawless topside finish , other than the "muddled" pickguard...

[​IMG]

And the worst section of the instrument is around the string feed...

[​IMG]

And yes, this is a 20 fret LONG scale bass.

9. While I'm taking this beauty to band practice tonight for a final workout - BUMP!!!

10. Monday morning bump! Com'on guys, its a great bass, all setup and ready to JAM! The only T40 for sale on the boards here!

11. is the bass still available?

12. Yes Sir it is. I'm traveling to UK in a few days, and if Mohammad doesn'tr make one of his "in-plane cocktails" i'll be back on 8/23.

I can ship tomorrow though! :)

13. Bumpity Bump. Made it through Mohammad's snare.

14. Classic Peavey!

15. PM Sent

16. There is an excellent 2-page article/retrospective on the T-40 in this month's issue of Vintage Guitar magazine.

Bottom line: They spoke very highly of it!

17. There is an excellent 2-page article/retrospective on the T-40 in this month's issue of Vintage Guitar magazine.

Bottom line: They spoke very highly of it. Not as an instrument with any particular "vintage" value but rather a good solid bass in its day that remains an excellent instrument today.

18. PM sent!

19. PM answered and I'm back in town munkeyfish. Let's hook up.

20. GO BEARS! ( was a Butkus fan when I was a kid and played ball. )

OK fellas, the final price on this bad boy, $265 SHIPPED to CONUS. I'll take a small hit on it before I turn to Ebay...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.