1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey T40 question thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by casio, Apr 12, 2009.

1. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    Sorry guys,
    I have searched the topic but havent found a thread to my personal satisfaction, so I wanted to see what your opinions are on the Peavey!
    I dont mean as an entry level or OK bass, I meant more in the sense of can it hold its own for playing live and recording!
    I have a custom 5 Aries (mostly for studio use), a music man sterling HS and a modded musicmaster with a PJ setup, so I want to see if it can be part of this company and what your opinions were on the bass with some specific pros and cons (other than weight) :D

2. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    I really can't think of a con besides the weight..maybe that it has a huge neck. Too many pros to list, string it up with flat wounds and you are set.

3. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Backache...but other than that I love mine. De-fretted & filled the neck, rewired the switch to be the coil tap and allow the tone pots to function fully (never really got much out of the phase switch), put on the chromes...FAT ROUND TONE :)