1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey t40 replacement neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by poorbassist15, May 15, 2019.

1. I was rearranging my back room and found my t40 in case and just thought again about replacing the neck. It's definitely not fixable, the truss rod anchor is pulling through the maple and all fixes tried including reinforcing the anchor have failed, it's a no go at this point.

I work at a store that deals peavey, I've heard the milestone necks work, I might be able to get them to send me one.

Before I go through the trouble, however, are there suggestions for anything else that would work or anyone that makes or can make a replacement neck?

2. Anyone?

3. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

Stop into the Peavey USA club
    You might get better response

4. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    The t-40 replacement is a tough one because it's the only one of the early Peavey basses with 20 frets. There aren't many options beyond another T40 neck, a milestone neck, a custom made neck, a major neck repair or modifying some other 20 fret neck.

I don't recall if a fender neck heel is bigger or smaller than a T40 but you can check T40 neck dimensions near the bottom of the info sheet linked in my sig.

5. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    The heel of the T40 neck is squared off, fender necks won't work w/o some major mods.

6. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Yep but is the width the same?

It's much easier for a luthier to square off and even shave down the width a bit on a readily available neck than it would be to make a custom.

7. I'm getting my boss to call Peavey Monday and see if they'll sell just a milestone neck. I also have a local guy that could probably make a replacement. I've posted in the Peavey forum, but I'm still waiting on a source.

8. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Part it out. You'll probably get decent coin out of it.
    buy another T40.

9. T40 necks do come up on da Bay from time to time.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021