Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey TKO 115 vs. Ampeg 115 vs. Crate BT100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Boris Jack, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Boris Jack

Boris Jack

Mar 7, 2005
    Right now, I have the oppourtunity to purchase any of these 100 watt combos. Based on your expeirence and opinions, what do you feel would be the best value?

I would be playing these with a Fender Geddy Lee Jazz at a smaller venue, mostly Classic and Prog rock, with some emo as well. Comments appreciated.

Boris Jack

2. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I've played only through the Ampeg, but I hear the Peavey is a LOUD 100 watts. The Ampeg is versatile and would work great for a practice amp (in my situation). I doubt any of the combos you listed will be enough for a small venue unless you're getting PA support.

If you're into the classic old-school tone, you can get an Ampeg B100R for less than $500.

3. For the price you would pay for the ampeg combo you could get something better, bigger and louder, such as an avatar 212 and some sort of head with it

4. Boris Jack

Boris Jack

Mar 7, 2005
    I have the oppourtunity to pick from these three combos for no money on a trade in.

5. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    If you don't mind my asking, what are you trading in?

Most of the time on trade-ins, us musicans get ripped off.

Maybe you could try selling the item over the internet (Talkbass for sale forum, ebay, bassgear.com, etc.) and get some more money for it?

If you're looking to be able to use this thing as something more than a meager stage monitor (though if you would define "small venues" it would help, 100 watts may be enough if your drummer isn't loud and gu*tarist isn't "gear-centric), consider your other options.

6. Yeah sell it through a personal sale and then take the money and get something worth having.

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Welcome to TalkBass, fill out your profile, it'll help, and is something to do when you're bored...
    Both are fine amps, but I'm going to join the gang and say look for head/cab setups if you can. More power, easier to upgrade, and a lot of times just as portable.

Ray