1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TKO 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Simo98, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Ive heard there a great amp, im currently looking at buying one for under $200, seems like a good deal.

couple of quick questions (35 minutes left on bidding :O )

Does it have an output so i can run it into a larger cab/PA system/Computer in the future?

Is there any common faults that i should look out for?

Would this amp suit me? im a bit of a bedroom bassist at the moment, just some jamming with friends everynow and then, but maybe do some small gigs in the future.

2. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    Hey, I've used this amp before, it's pretty good for the price. Nice and loud. Peavey ANYTHING is a great deal for the bargain bassist.

There is a "preamp out" and a "preamp in" on the front, so I'm pretty certain you could run it into a PA / Mixing board, etc. You will not be able to add more cabinets, though.

Good luck!

3. I had a TKO 115 and gigged with it for a while. It is a nice solid amp. I don't think you can connect an extension cab to it though.

4. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    There's been lots of TKOs made so, it's hard to know which one you are bidding on. I think everyone has had one at one time or another. Sounds like a fair price if it's in good condition. Should be a pre-amp out to use and I think some of the early ones had speaker outs.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    No you can't run an extension cab from it.

I don't have mine at the house but IIRC it should have a preamp in/out and power amp in on the front panel.

6. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    The one you're probably looking at doesn't have a speaker out but has a balanced XLR out for connection to a PA. I was just looking at the pictures on ebay Austrailia for a TKO ending in about 15 mins. Not for sure if that's the one or not.

7. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    your not the bastard who sniped me at the last second are you?? :p

missed out on it this time, had the winning bid, put in one for 221 at the last minute, but it didn't go through. but i guess the other guy probably bid more than that anyway.

8. you can't run an ext cab. This amp is ok but it is very heavy and awkward to carry around.I believe there are far better options. personally i would look for something else, save your $$$.I have a tko and i don't play through it,its not loud or versatile enough and it is a bear to move around!

9. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Nope! Kind of a long ways for local pickup.:D

Too bad you didn't get it. Decent deal, but, like I said earlier, there have been lots of them built and I'm sure you'll find another one.

Good Luck!

10. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Old Peavey's are still around and apparently always will be. I wonder if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot by making them last so long. Kinda hard to sell new product if your old stuff never dies isn't it?

God bless Hartley Peavey.