1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey TKO 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigmuff113, Aug 23, 2012.

1. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    My grandfather was given this amp as partial payment. I don't remember the whole story, I don't even know if this thing works. He Dosent play. He says it works, but almost all the pots are busted. It's got the Scorpion speakers still. What's it worth?

2. Probably $100 if it works properly. I bought mine at a pawn shop for $38.

add-> Sorry, I read too fast. With most of the knobs broken you're in the $50 range. Basically you are selling a speaker because the knobs on these are very difficult to replace.

3. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    I can't just replace the pots?

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Call Peavey, see if they have them. They are likely the type that solder into the circuit board.

I got this for $25. Beat to hell, all the pot shafts are broke. Still works.

E2666399-orig.

5. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    All the parts are still available if you decide to go that route. You could also pull the chassis and send it in for refurb.

6. The main problem is that, even with proper repairs it's still just a $100 used amp. Given the cost of repairs and/or time, if you are keen on soldering on circuit boards, it's hard to see how you would come out ahead.

7. You may have a bigger problem: if the pots were busted hard, they may have cracked the printed circuit board they're soldered to. Fixable also, but even more $.

There comes a point where some things are not worth repairing. Unfortunately that amp may be past the point of economical repair.

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Well I am not supposed to tell you what it is worth unless you pay membership here, but even in mint working condition it would be worth maybe $200 if you got lucky and found the right buyer... so you can base it off that...

9. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Oh whoops. I still would like to know thoughts on the amp.

10. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    You got my deal about the nail? Pretty rigged up, but it makes it so you can turn the pots. Mine has plastic pot shafts. If you try to drill in metal ones, the bit will probably grab it too hard, spin the pot around and break it, and maybe the circuit board along with it. Forgot to mention, only try that if you have plastic shafts and a sharp bit.