Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey TKO 65

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cwm, Dec 18, 2002.

1. cwm

cwm

Feb 14, 2002
    I have had this amp for over 15 years, bought used. I've used it as a practice amp sporadically over those years in my bedroom. I've since become more interested and purchased Ampeg head and Mesa Boogie bottoms. I've been approached by an older gentleman who plays steel guitar and I would like an opinion as to its worth for sale. For my own interest, I'd like to know what year it is. Any takers on these questions? cw

2. I bought a new/used TKO 65 for a practice amp about ten years ago. I paid $90 for it back then. I think I used it maybe three times in the ten years I owned it. I let our keyboard player use it for a couple of years and he couldn't tear the thing up. I used it as trade bait on a Peavey Cirrus this year and they gave me $200 trade in. I would say if you got $100-$150 you would be doing good.

3. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    i bought one used as my first amp about 6 years ago

i believe i paid $200 for it, from a retail store. it was ugly but in good working condition. that thing could take a serious beating. the only thing that finally killed it was someone kicking the speaker in.

twas a real workhorse