1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TKO 80 Vs. Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by plastik-bass[?], Jun 18, 2007.

1. Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Peavey TKO 80

31 vote(s)
    93.9%
  1. Ok i can get a Peavey TKO 80 (used) for $140

or

Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass (refurb) for $150

what you think is the better deal and which amp sounds better..and which one is louder

please and thank you

2. TheB3Nut

TheB3Nut

Apr 26, 2007
    near Madison, WI
    I'd take used Peavey over Behringer anything. The TKO's aren't bad-sounding, and there isn't much difference dB-wise from 80 watts to 120, and Peavey gear is usually MUCH more solid than anything that ever bore the Behringer label. I wouldn't trust the Behringer on a gig, but I put an old Peavey TNT 130 through a lot of abuse as a kid many moons ago, and it was pretty much indestructable.

I haven't played through any Behringer combos, they may well not sound too bad, but used Peavey gear is hard to beat on a budget, their gear is just solid, you can depend on it to be there when you flip the "on" switch.

Todd in Cheesecurdistan

3. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    I've not played a Peavey in a long time but have 2 Behringer combos, the 900 and 1800 units. They are fine but don't feel anywhere near their output ratings. The 1800 just barely kept up with our mid-level rehearsals (playing against an amplified acoustic!). I've kept the 900 for quiet churchy stuff and will likely dump the 1800 once I've sorted out my backup rig.

Tone-wise, they're OK. Kinda without life, if that makes sense.

4. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    The answer to these questions is invariably "not Behringer."

5. nasaldischarges

nasaldischarges

Jun 11, 2005
    save up some more monies, i picked up an 80 watt swr combo for 150 brand new, but that was probably a ridiculous steal.

plan to spend like 300 dollars for something that worth having

6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Get the Peavey, it will work when you need it to. The Behringer is a refurb so it has already been returned with a problem.

7. played both the BX1200 and the TKO in a band situation. Couldn't hear the behr, could hear the peavey.

thats all I needed.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021