Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Tl 6 or Brice Z6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Apr 4, 2005.

1. I can get both for the same amount. Which route would you go?

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Are you talking about a used TL vs a new Brice? The neck is definitely larger on the Brice and the bass is a little heavier. I didn't care for the TL, personally ..... the Brice was a lot more comfortable for me.

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The Peavy TL6 is a pretty good bass and certantly a bargin in the used market. That bass would compete with any 1200US six on the market, If you can get it for the same price as a Brice I'd jump on it. Being used, if it dosen't work out you can usually sell for what you have into them if you buy right.

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    As long as it's in decent shape, the Peavey, no question. Like comparing apples to prunes. ;)

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'd go for the Peavey and tell people that it's my signature model.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    TL Six. No contest.

7. i dont like prunes too much :spit:

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yep. No contest. The only place the Brice has an advantage is if you prefer wider string spacing at the bridge.

9. I was waiting for you to chime in. I will go for the TL then. I also have a Bart preamp I could put in also

10. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    TL6. Used to own one, and it was a good bass. Re string spacing, unless they changed it, and unless my memory is failing me, it comes with a Kahler bridge that allows you to adjust string spacing laterally. Naturally, the extent to which you can do this is limited by the dimensions of the neck, but you might be able to get a little bit more width if you want.

11. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Definitely the TL!!!!

12. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Wow, I'm surprised how many of you would prefer the TL-6 ... I'm a big supporter of Peavey basses and just about all of the line, but that TL-6 was one of the most uncomfortable basses I have ever played (and I tried 3 different ones) :scowl: Too thin, too tight, really didn't care for the necks ....

I guess there aren't that many fans of big bodied basses viewing this thread :confused: