SOLD Peavey TL-6 with amazing upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timmy-Watts, Oct 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts I like bass. And airplanes. Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey folks.

Here is my "wild card." The bass the has the best tone and most versatility, bar none. The epitome of truly a "piano-like," 3-dimensional tone. The Delano preamp is the best one I have encountered, and I'm going to design a custom build around one.

The reverse double-P platform is solid. These pickups are full-range and even, without sharp peaks the tones are amazing throughout the entire blend sweep. You get defined, woody, solid, thick and precise tone at any setting.

The way the preamp is structured is awesome. Pull the volume for passive. The 3-band eq works in such a way that you can really twist the knobs pretty far and the volume doesn't boost or drop dramatically, just the tone changes. The treble control is active boost, and the "cut" side of it is a passive tone control in both active and passive modes. The 3-way switch selects 3 different frequencies for the mid control.

The finish has no dings or dents. Just some marks on the end of the headstock and some places of discoloration around a few fret ends.

The knobs and tuners are Hipshot, the bridge is Kahler, and the straplocks are Dunlop. All the hardware is shiny and free of rust and corrosion. The sustain and tone is unreal. The B is tight and defined. The slap tone when the pickups are blended equal is probably the best I've heard.

The original nut was cut too low. I had my Luthier professionally installed a Brass nut. He applied a chemical that preserves the brass from corrosion and keeps it shiny. He also did a fret level job and full setup. The back plate is some custom flamed maple. The unused original battery box cavity also has a matching cover, that I'll include. I just prefer it off. Also comes with a truss rod tool and in a Gator hard flight case.

It's set up with a newish set of Dunlop Super Brights and is truly incredible. I'm paring back to a couple basses and I need to pay off a custom that's almost done.

Price is firm and includes shipping east of the big River. West of that, add $20.

20161009_193727.jpg 20161009_193913.jpg 20161009_193720.jpg 20161009_193908.jpg 20161009_193851.jpg 20161009_193807.jpg 20161009_193757.jpg 20161009_193830.jpg

KeithPas, Ellery and dtsand like this.
  2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I have a parrot who says "Yummy!" when presented with a tasty treat.
    That's all I have to say.

3. That thing are an beast (said in a Cajun inflection)

4. Jack Willard

Jack Willard

Mar 31, 2015
    Knoxville
    Nice Bass! What's the weight on this guy?!

5. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It's very comfy. I'd guess it in the mid to high 9's. I'll try to get a weight on it this weekend.

6. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Awesome bass. But I REALLY need a fretless. Open to fretless trade offers.

Brother Goose likes this.
  7. Brother Goose

Brother Goose The Process IS the Reward! Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Syracuse NY
    God Is Love
    Check out my Gecko fretless 6. that's a nice looking bass!

8. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Is this bass still available?

9. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yes it is! And it sounds so amazing that if it sells, I am going to do a custom of some sort with these very electronics!

Bellbass likes this.
  10. Bellbass

Bellbass Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Up! I just bought a TL5 and I just can't believe how good it sounds. If it weren't for the fact that I need to stop playing six stringers (elbow issues), I'd get that TL6... GLWTS

Timmy-Watts likes this.
  11. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Replying t notify you of a price drop! $775 takes it because GAS is a powerful thing!

12. Russell G

Russell G

May 21, 2016
    Hey Boss. Is this bass, still available?

RG

Timmy-Watts likes this.
  13. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yes sir it is!

14. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Played this on a jazz trio gig this week. Love it to death! But I have 2 other 6ers, and I'm building finances for another custom dream bass, so I'm bumping this.

I wouldn't be sad yo be keeping it, and if I do, this would be the go-to for recording. Just saying. That TONE.....

15. knuppe

knuppe

Oct 25, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    Hello! Would you do shipping to Norway? Ps: Your inbox is full, so I couldn't send a PM... :D

16. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm sorry, you caught me on the day I had to renew my membership...

About shipping overseas... it can be a hassle, and plus, I put a set of chromes on the bass, and I'm really thinking I want to keep it for sure. Such amazing tone just got even better. With the string change it went from a sophisticated meaty jazz type sound to a warm organic Steve Swallow thing now.

17. knuppe

knuppe

Oct 25, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    I understand. Well, either way, PM sent. :D

18. WR Jacobs

WR Jacobs Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Still interested in your Peavey...

19. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It's back on the block. As much as I love it, I NEED some other gear. PM me if you wanna talk :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  20. Timmy-Watts

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Sold next door to Indiana. Someone is going to have a true gem.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021