Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey TL5 active pickups and EQ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hemitom, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    Bought my first 5 string off Ebay this week after 25 yrs on 4's.
    Just asking for any info or feedback by anyone who owns or has owned a Peavey TL5 with active humbuckers and EQ.Hows the EQ rate? Worth upgrading to Aguilar,Bart or EMG.
    Thanks for any input !:hyper:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Congratulations that's a beautiful and extremely high quality musical instrument. I wouldn't change a thing if it were mine.

3. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    Philbiker
    I will adopt the usual stance and give her a try first and evaluate.I was very impressed with a friends USA Cirrus 5 and G Bass and thought I'll have to give Peavey a try.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow that looks like it has solid maple body wings!!! Holy cripes!

5. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    I played a TL-5 for 12 years, and probably would still if the electronics hadn't gotten so noisy. That said, I didn't know how a B string could sound until I replaced it with an Alembic!

Larry

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    +1

A highly underated bass. Drop me a line if you want to flip it someday. In fact, enjoy it until August when I come to Vancouver for my holiday.

7. there was a purple TL-5 on ebay recently, too, but that blue is gorgeous. what a great bass. i've played them before and really liked the feel and tone. i wouldn't bother changing anything on it.

robb.