Peavey TL5 active pickups and EQ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hemitom, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    Bought my first 5 string off Ebay this week after 25 yrs on 4's.
    Just asking for any info or feedback by anyone who owns or has owned a Peavey TL5 with active humbuckers and EQ.Hows the EQ rate? Worth upgrading to Aguilar,Bart or EMG.
    Thanks for any input !:hyper:

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Congratulations that's a beautiful and extremely high quality musical instrument. I wouldn't change a thing if it were mine.

3. Hemitom

Hemitom

Oct 12, 2005
    BC,Canada
    Philbiker
    I will adopt the usual stance and give her a try first and evaluate.I was very impressed with a friends USA Cirrus 5 and G Bass and thought I'll have to give Peavey a try.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow that looks like it has solid maple body wings!!! Holy cripes!

5. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    I played a TL-5 for 12 years, and probably would still if the electronics hadn't gotten so noisy. That said, I didn't know how a B string could sound until I replaced it with an Alembic!

Larry

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    +1

A highly underated bass. Drop me a line if you want to flip it someday. In fact, enjoy it until August when I come to Vancouver for my holiday.

7. there was a purple TL-5 on ebay recently, too, but that blue is gorgeous. what a great bass. i've played them before and really liked the feel and tone. i wouldn't bother changing anything on it.

robb.