Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey tmax crossover.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by notabob, May 16, 2004.

1. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    okay, i got my new 18" speaker to throw under my 2 10s and i cant quite figure out the crossover. i plug the 18 into the low out and the 210 into the high out. i get barely any sound and its coming from the 210. so little of a sound that i can only hear it when i am up against the speaker. it sounds like the only power i am getting is from my 18 volt electronics. am i missing something? is there a button i need to push somewhere? thanks for any help.

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The signal coming from the crossover outputs is unamplified. You will need another power amp to amplify both the highs and lows using the T-Max crossover.

You could run a connection from the high output of the crossover to the power-amp-in jack on the T-Max, and then use the normal speaker outputs to connect to your 2-10 cab for the highs. For the lows, run a connection from the low output of the crossover to an external power amp, then connect your 1-18 cab to the correct output from the external power amp.

I hope this helps...

3. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    alright, thats what i was thinking in the first place. i think i will just stick to running them in parrallel for now until i can get my hands on a 200-400 watt poweramp. thanks for clearing things up for me.