Peavey TNT 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alyosha09, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Alyosha09

Jun 16, 2000
    its old, but it is still good. Give me comments on it!!!

Life is Short,
    Bass is Cool.
  2. fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    My first "big" amp was a TNT 150. The 150 is 150watts and the 100 is older and 100 watts. When my band first started out we didn't have much gigs but as we got more gigs the TNT was, out of all our stuff, the biggest pain in the ass to move around. I still loved it though because it was loud enough at practices and was dirt cheap at $250. If you don't mind the weight and the price is right then go for it. If you have the dough then get a SWR workingmans 15 or Ampeg BA115. Any combo with a 15" and 100-150 watts should do fine for starting out but keep in mind the more gigs you do the more the TNT or a combo will seem underpowered (atleast thats what I found) hope this helped.
  3. majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Ah yes, the good ole' TNT 100. Even once I upgrade, I'm keeping mine. Has a sound to it. A sound I often enjoy, although louder lower and cleaner would be nice options ;)

For $100, I'll never utter a single complaint.

Does anyone have box specs on the oldest, mid-70's models? Just wondering in case my enthusiasm with overdrive and bass knob makes this old square mag die. Even though, this amp apparently served several punk rock bands for a bunch of tours, so I seriously doubt I can kill it.
  4. majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Now and then,
    Even I
    Old threads.

5. deathsdj

Sep 18, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    I'm playing through a TNT and a Basic 112 stacked like a rack.

I love the sound of Peavy bass amps. They have so much cool stuff built in to their amps and they last forever.

Did I mention I love the way they sound? :D

6. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I agree. No, Peaveys are not for everyone, only those who appreciate a real workhorse and don't mind using a hand truck and some muscle to get that trademark excellent sound TNT's put out!

And Peavey's aren't hi-fi, or definitely not if you're a slapper. If you like to play growly rock bass, you can't go wrong with a TNT.

Get it my TB friend, and never let it go! I had one and I regret selling it....... :bassist:
  7. majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Yeah, with fresh rounds on my bass, it's just blissful. Not a lot of low-low bass, nor could I overpower a drumming gorilla, but it works. And that, to me, is worth quite a lot. Knowing full well that each time I flip the power switch, it's gonna work is something I have to be able to take for granted.
    It is not an option.
    There is no room for worry, or wonder.
    It MUST be AK-47, C130 Hercules kinda of reliable, because that's what I need. I have enough things to sweat, my amp shouldn't add to my anxiety.

No, it doesn't provide all the features I sometimes want, but it ALWAYS has exactly what I need.

Hell, one time I wacked mine with a mallet just to see what would happen (inebriated, that's why). Guess what? Nothing happened... :bassist:
  8. I have seen some incredibly abused Peavey gear over the years, stuff that looked like someone went out of their way to destroy, and most of it still fired up and sounded fine. Some folks seem to have a problem with the Peavey name, to me it is synonymous with "reliable". Heavy? Hell yes! But that construction is what allows it to fall down a flight of stairs and still work.
  9. majortoby

Jul 2, 2009
    Tampa, Fl USA
    Amen. It's a shame that people overlook Peavey due to snobbery. It really epitomizes what I feel American-made should mean. Reliable, Sturdy, Well-designed, and worth every penny in terms of actual tangible value.

Just IMO :bassist: