Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey TNT 115 BW

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zweebee, Sep 15, 2000.

1. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    I'm gonna buy a new Amp , its gonna be around 150 WATTS
    A combo is the best solution i think, so i chose the Peavey TNT115 BW,
    It had VERY good critics, but i'd like to hear your opinions

2. I'm a "tubes only" kind of guy, and I'd love to have one. I've used them before and was extremely impressed. If I didn't already have a pile of amps, I'd get one.

Chris

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The TNT is built like a tank, and is almost as heavey. The sound is average (not bad, not great). I gigged with mine for a couple of years in small/meduim venues, and it got the job done. Overall, it's a good workhorse at a pretty good price.

4. logicman69

logicman69 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2000
    West Warwick, RI
    Nice amp for a good price. I've had tons of experiance with these amps and I would recomend them to most people. Peavey bass amps have a tendency to put out a very nutral type sound. this is a good thing when you have a smokin bass. The down fall is if you have a crappy bass (bad setup, lowsy PUs, crappy wood, ect..) you will really hear it. Other than that its a good buy. One word of advice, PUT WHEELS ON THE THING!!!! Its heavy!!!!

Peace

5. wreckall

wreckall

Aug 21, 2000
    go for it. I used to have one, and it never let me down. I added wheels and even two side handles "just so I could make someone else in the band help me lift it."

6. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    A GREAT amp! I used one for several years. Be careful not to bump the knobs since they break off VERY easily!

7. zweebee

zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    Thanks people

I cant wait to buy it !!!!

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I own the previous version of this amp, the TNT 130. Getting the Black Widow speaker is a good move, Peavey's other 15's are crappy, but the BWs compare with the best 15s on the market, IMHO.

As others have said this amp is VERY heavy, and has a neutral sound. If you are looking for a certain sound, you can find it but it will take a lot of experimenting with the amps EQ.

Mine has lasted for 20 years now, only problem I've ever had was a short in the power cord where it connects to the circuit board.