Peavey TNT 115 BW

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zweebee, Sep 15, 2000.

1. zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    I'm gonna buy a new Amp , its gonna be around 150 WATTS
    A combo is the best solution i think, so i chose the Peavey TNT115 BW,
    It had VERY good critics, but i'd like to hear your opinions

2. I'm a "tubes only" kind of guy, and I'd love to have one. I've used them before and was extremely impressed. If I didn't already have a pile of amps, I'd get one.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The TNT is built like a tank, and is almost as heavey. The sound is average (not bad, not great). I gigged with mine for a couple of years in small/meduim venues, and it got the job done. Overall, it's a good workhorse at a pretty good price.
  4. logicman69

logicman69 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2000
    West Warwick, RI
    Nice amp for a good price. I've had tons of experiance with these amps and I would recomend them to most people. Peavey bass amps have a tendency to put out a very nutral type sound. this is a good thing when you have a smokin bass. The down fall is if you have a crappy bass (bad setup, lowsy PUs, crappy wood, ect..) you will really hear it. Other than that its a good buy. One word of advice, PUT WHEELS ON THE THING!!!! Its heavy!!!!

5. wreckall

Aug 21, 2000
    go for it. I used to have one, and it never let me down. I added wheels and even two side handles "just so I could make someone else in the band help me lift it."
  6. TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    A GREAT amp! I used one for several years. Be careful not to bump the knobs since they break off VERY easily!
  7. zweebee

Sep 15, 2000
    Thanks people

I cant wait to buy it !!!!
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I own the previous version of this amp, the TNT 130. Getting the Black Widow speaker is a good move, Peavey's other 15's are crappy, but the BWs compare with the best 15s on the market, IMHO.

As others have said this amp is VERY heavy, and has a neutral sound. If you are looking for a certain sound, you can find it but it will take a lot of experimenting with the amps EQ.

Mine has lasted for 20 years now, only problem I've ever had was a short in the power cord where it connects to the circuit board.