1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TNT 115 - Craigslist find - help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ElectraPhoenix, Apr 26, 2010.

1. http://madison.craigslist.org/msg/1704669285.html found this one on craigslist... anyone have any experience with these? i know peavey has good quality amps and i'm looking for a solid, good amp, and this is 200W with a 15" speaker and that's ideally what i want. so i need opinions on this amp: yes? no? there seems to be a lot of bass amps floating around my area right now, so this won't be a total loss if i miss out...

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    ....ah...what's the price on this...is it a secret or something??? I would love to see the new $600 Peavey TNT that he is talking about.

3. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

IT's worth about $175..

I've gigged the world with them.. they're not a hi fi or light cab.. do pack enough punch.

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I agree completely~ I would probably push it to $200 if it works perfectly~ but that's it.

5. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

there's zero wrong with the amp.. if it had a different brand name would fetch 2x as much and be 1/2 as dependable.

Tim

6. When I was in school there was a beat up old Peavey TNT combo that had been used and abused for years. Solid tone, solid amp. Turned on every time. Weighed a ton though. I also had an old Mark VIII head that fell down a stairs and broke the step it landed on. Worked perfectly afterward.

7. Kick 97Z

Kick 97Z

Oct 28, 2009
    I have one of these for sale if anyone is interested. I am on the Wisconsin/Illinois border. $180.

yAd2Q.

8. hahaha. good story. yeah, the high school I go to has an old Peavey TNT that works fine, but it's different than this one (I don't use it, but I think it's a TNT). I know they're good quality, reliable amps, and I'm just wondering if it's really worth this price? I'm begining to think that it is...

9. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    Good solid amps. Nothing special, but solid. Worth about $150-200 depending on condition and location. I used one for a little while about 2 years ago. I had an issue with the 15 giving me the tone and clarity I wanted, and the damn thing weighed a ton. Nice amp to leave somewhere.

10. Non-supporting members ain't supposed to do that.

11. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Looks to be a supporting member.

12. Kick 97Z

Kick 97Z

Oct 28, 2009
    I am sorry if I put this in the wrong spot. I am a supporting member and was going to list this in the for sale section this weekend but I came across this thread and threw it out there.

I will delete and post in the for sale section if I broke a rule.