1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TNT 115 - Lighted logo keeps falling out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamis, Jun 7, 2012.

1. jamis

jamis

Jan 5, 2007
    Worcester, MA USA
    Hi everyone, newbie here. I recently bought a Peavey TNT 115. I absolutely love it except for one issue. The manufacturer cut a hole in the front of the amp (on the metal grid) to insert the logo that lights up in blue. Personally, I don't like it but the rest of the amp, features, and cost were ideal for my current situation. I got it home and the logo keeps falling out. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you fix? I ask because when it falls it will hang by the wires on the side and possibly rub the speaker. I took it back to the local music shop where I got it and they took care of me and did a swap. My gripe isn't with the shop, it's with Peavey. They are using doublesided tape on the flange to keep the logo unit in place. I would think this is too heavy and the new one will have the same issue over time. If it does, I'm just going to superglue it to the grid. I don't care if the light burns out. I want to be felt and not seen ... that's the lead's perogative. Anyways, just wondering if anyone has experienced this yet. It almost seems like the engineers at Peavey finished a killer amp and then someone from the market dept. walked by and said ... "oh, but we need our logo on the front."

2. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Sending PM...

3. jamis

jamis

Jan 5, 2007
    Worcester, MA USA
    BByBld ... thanks for the info and support. Really appreciate it. :)