Peavey TNT 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nirvanafan13, May 12, 2001.

1. nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I might be buying one of these... anyone who has ever played through one or owned one.. please give me feedback (on loudness, quality, etc...)
  2. loudmouth

Mar 22, 2001
    i was looking at that same amp and was wondering the same thing. what kind of stuff will u be playin?
    i will mostly be playin punk and rock just thought u might like to know!
    and from what i heard peavey is a great amp company
  3. nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!! it is a big step up from my minx 110.. i love the sound!!! the 15'" speaker really pushes air!!! it's great man... i have only had it for 2 days, and i bought it used, but i love it.
    I play mostly hard rock/alternative.
  4. you must be having a great time hauling it around! :) i had a similar model peavey and it weighed like 100 lbs! other than weight 'flaws', i think this is a great amp...never had to turn past 5 to get the power i needed.
  5. I have owned 3 peavey bass amps:
    an older 115 (forget model)
    a minx 110
    and a TNT 115S

they make great amps for the price very solid, very heavy. after years of owning PV I upgraded to SWR and I can honestly say I don't miss them a whole lot. Well maybe the price :)
  6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have one (at least I THINK it´s a TNT115..)
    I like the sound but it´s really heavy!:(
  7. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    I had a Combo 115 for a few years -- the Big Daddy of the TNT and the TKO models.

I loved it, but IT was a gutbuster -- weighed in at just under a hundred pounds. OUCH!
  8. nirvanafan13

Apr 14, 2000
    Austin, TX
    yeah man, it's heavy, but it pushes a hell of a lot of air.. my friend who lives all the way down the street from me could hear me clearly when i barely had it up (master on 5, pregain on 1)... i think i'll buy a litle wheel thingie to push it around on or have one of my bandmates help me carry it
  9. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hey Nirvana

I put wheels on mine and it works great when I have to move that monster !!!

It is a very solid Amp that will never let you down.

I use the Chorus effect a lot even if it is not "BOSS" quality.

Make sure the screws of the speakers are tight cause last week-end at my Band rehearsal, I realized there were a couple that were getting loose and caused bizarre sound of course. Do not forget that simple tune-up.
  10. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah..what's up with peavey bass combos being so huge and heavy? and my TKO had no side handles. weak...horrible design. my brothers peavey keyboard amp is great though, except that two out of the three channels have begun to short out. and it's not as heavy.

what i don't get is how hartke can make such a teeny, light, great sounding 15" combo (kickback) while peaveys are so huge....

oh well...

11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    Merged Turlu's "Peavey 115 S" thread into this one at his/her request.
  12. TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I used one for for several years...excellent amp! The only reason I traded it in is because I wore it out :)
  13. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I also used one for years, and for the money, it IS a workhorse and I never had a problem with it. It may not be what some call "hi-fi" tone, and I now prefer the sound of other amps and cabs, but that's just the opinion of my ears. For whatever reason, some justified, some not, there are a lot of Peavey bashers, but I can honestly say this one never let me down over a period of about 2 1/2 years.