Peavey tnt 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tibi81, Sep 11, 2001.

1. tibi81

Jul 20, 2001
    I think i am going to get a peavey tnt 115. Does anyone have one or heard anything about them. I tried it out today and i feel in love.
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've had a TNT-S for about 4 years. They're built like a tank and very reliable. If you "feel in love" over a TNT, it will probably serve you well.
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products

I have one that's over 20 years old. I kick the hell of it, and it keeps being ultra reliable - and LOUD! Only gripes I have are that mine is pretty heavy (I've gotten used to it though), and the sound ain't the warmest. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. I have actually - and taken it back. I've bought other amps too, and always wind up using the Peavey.

I am deeply in love with my Peavey.
  4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    TNT's are decent amps. Although, I'd reccommend the Peavey Combo 115... Much better combo, IMO.
  5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I agree with Crawling Eye; I love my Combo 115.
    Now I just have to decide on either a 1x15, or2x10 extension cab.
    Nice amp though, and plenty loud IMHO.
  6. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    A 4x10 would work better than both. :)
  7. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    My very first amp/cab was a TNT. I completely loved it! It was built great, easy to use, had excellent sound and was portable.

I wish I still had it as a back up for practice. All I have now are my two behemoth Mesa-Boogies. I LOVE my boogies, dont get me wrong, but a cute little TNT would be nice too.

Go for it!

Aug 30, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I had a mid 90's TNT 115 and I liked it. It was heavy for it's size but it sounded pretty good. I think the new ones are better (steel grills & detachable power chords) compared with mine. For the money, Peavey is one of the best.
  9. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    CrawlingEye, thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like it will kick out some serious bass in that configuration.
  10. i have the first version of the TNT and i love it but the only thing i dont like about it is that it dont have a speaker out jack :( but yeh what can u do hehehe.

11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

Not only will it kick out some serious bass, it'll also give you a higher SPL than a 2x10 would (obviously).

And if you ever get a stack set-up, you'll already be half way there. :)
  12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Had one and it served its purpose for playing in the garage and once in a while at small deals.

There's one in the rehearsal studio too.

It's a good combo.

There are better and worse ones, but Peavey usually has a good price.

BTW- the Yugoslavian guys I use to play with always called it a Peewee:D !
  13. I have actually owned 2 of these amps in my life. And I actually dont really like the sound of them (dont even ask why I owned 2 then:)) I find them very difficult to get a sound out of that I like and they tend to be too thumpy IMO. But I have heard a lot of good about them from others. They are very tough I will give em' that. But I really dont like the tnt sound. But if you like it go for it they are very heavy though.

see ya
  14. This is a very good combo that's built like a frickin tank, and they're priced very well. But you could use the money left over for a chiropractor...
  15. I was thinking about buying one of these combos. Although I got a really nice deal on a Hartke Kickback amp, I love the sound of Hartke speakers.
  16. I might get flamed for saying this, but the TKO-115 I have at home sounds 30X better then the TNT-115 I play on at school.

But it could be the room.
  17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It must be the room.

My 20 year old TNT130 sounds much better than any TKO that I have ever heard. TKO's sound dead and lifeless to me.

Of course, my SWR Basic Black and my Eden Metro sound much better than my old TNT. That's why it is up against the wall gathering dust.