Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey TNT 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ashtray9, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Do any of you have experience with a peavey TNT 115? Any information would be great. Would it be enough for small gigs? Also, I am getting one with a Black Widow woofer, but I hear the standard is a Blue Marvel. Which is better? Thank you very much, as I really want this amp to serve me well in my pursuit of learning to play bass.
    -Ian

2. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    Buddy...Just look at my name... That should explain what i think... It has great tone... Is loud... You will probably want to get a 2x10 external cab to jack it up to 200 watts... I say go for it...

3. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Yeah, seems like a solid deal. I made the mistake of posting without looking for previous threads, and as I was digging them up, I found all this lamenting of the TNT and Peavey in general. I was really worried, but have found enough support to think it will do fine.

The weight issue is the only thing left in my mind. One: I weigh 120 pounds... Two: It is being shipped to me, and I still don't know the how much that will be. (Any estimates would be GREAT, as I have no idea).

It will be all worth it to finally play comfortably with a band.
    -Ian

4. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I thought you said 150 watts wasn't enough to drive a 1x15 PeaveyTNT?

5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    it is... the tnt by itself is 150 watts... then 200 with an external speaker...silly:p

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've used a few at studios and was impressed. I even considered getting one myself a few years back! However, it is a big combo for the power output, and portability issues eventually stopped me getting it.

I recently got an infinitely more portable combo - Ashdown EB 130-15. But it was 2/3 the price of the Peavey, about 1/3 the weight and has 130 watts. But there is no output for a cabinet. This wasn't important to me, as it is mostly for practice/small gigs. And it has a balanced DI so I can DI it straight into a PA!

Enjoy your new amp - I believe there are other TBers who have had them going on 20 years - so reliability and longevity shouldn't be a problem!

7. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA

the TNT is more power ful, has an external cab. capability... and a PA hook up....Tooshay

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I think I covered the external cab, reading between the posts, they can see it's more powerful (although at 20 watts comparing without external cabs, you wouldn't notice) and I didn't say it didn't have a PA hook up (or DI out for that matter). I also believe that it's got a 6 band graphic and built in chorus! But hey, I ain't gonna split hairs about and amp I decided not to buy!:)

And I believe it's Touche!! ALthough I can't work out how to get the grave over the 'e'!:D

9. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    7 band EQ... they took out chorus effect though.... silly geese... oh well... get an FX pedal like your silly goose guitar player(s):p