Peavey TNT 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ashtray9, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Do any of you have experience with a peavey TNT 115? Any information would be great. Would it be enough for small gigs? Also, I am getting one with a Black Widow woofer, but I hear the standard is a Blue Marvel. Which is better? Thank you very much, as I really want this amp to serve me well in my pursuit of learning to play bass.
    -Ian

2. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    Buddy...Just look at my name... That should explain what i think... It has great tone... Is loud... You will probably want to get a 2x10 external cab to jack it up to 200 watts... I say go for it...

3. ashtray9

ashtray9

Aug 1, 2002
    Tempe Arizona
    Yeah, seems like a solid deal. I made the mistake of posting without looking for previous threads, and as I was digging them up, I found all this lamenting of the TNT and Peavey in general. I was really worried, but have found enough support to think it will do fine.

The weight issue is the only thing left in my mind. One: I weigh 120 pounds... Two: It is being shipped to me, and I still don't know the how much that will be. (Any estimates would be GREAT, as I have no idea).

It will be all worth it to finally play comfortably with a band.
    -Ian

4. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I thought you said 150 watts wasn't enough to drive a 1x15 PeaveyTNT?

5. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    it is... the tnt by itself is 150 watts... then 200 with an external speaker...silly:p

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've used a few at studios and was impressed. I even considered getting one myself a few years back! However, it is a big combo for the power output, and portability issues eventually stopped me getting it.

I recently got an infinitely more portable combo - Ashdown EB 130-15. But it was 2/3 the price of the Peavey, about 1/3 the weight and has 130 watts. But there is no output for a cabinet. This wasn't important to me, as it is mostly for practice/small gigs. And it has a balanced DI so I can DI it straight into a PA!

Enjoy your new amp - I believe there are other TBers who have had them going on 20 years - so reliability and longevity shouldn't be a problem!

7. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA

the TNT is more power ful, has an external cab. capability... and a PA hook up....Tooshay

8. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I think I covered the external cab, reading between the posts, they can see it's more powerful (although at 20 watts comparing without external cabs, you wouldn't notice) and I didn't say it didn't have a PA hook up (or DI out for that matter). I also believe that it's got a 6 band graphic and built in chorus! But hey, I ain't gonna split hairs about and amp I decided not to buy!:)

And I believe it's Touche!! ALthough I can't work out how to get the grave over the 'e'!:D

9. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    USA
    7 band EQ... they took out chorus effect though.... silly geese... oh well... get an FX pedal like your silly goose guitar player(s):p