peavey tnt 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hateater, May 17, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    First off, I would like to say that the search feature is not working- otherwise I would have used it.

Ok, I have a peavey TNT 115, and I need a little more power out of it. I know little about ohms, but it says that i can get 200 watts out of 2 ohms. What does this mean exatcly? it says that I can also get 150 watts out of 4 ohms (I am guessing that is what I am at right now).

can someone help me out??

2. goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    You're right. Right now you're runnung your amp withh 4 ohm load (internall speaker). If you connect 4 ohm external speaker, you will get maximum power of 200 ohms. If you connect 210TVX peavey cabinet (or any other 2 tens cabinet in 4 ohms) which complements well with internal 15" speaker, you will get wider frequency response and more power.

Peavey TNT is one of a few combos that go that low with impedance as 2 ohms. You connect either 8 or 4 ohm cabinet.

2 4ohm cabinets in parallel give 2 ohm total impedance.
  3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Thanks man, that was the exactly the information I needed!
  4. bluebyrd

Jun 12, 2000
    I have a TNT 115. I just bought an Avatar CB115H cab, which has a single 15 inch speaker with a tweeter. I do run it with an Acoustic 370 head, but also thru the Peavey. It sounds great, and the Peavey doesn't get hot or anything like that. On the back there's a 1/4 inch jack for another cab, and it says minimum impedence 4 ohms, 200 watts at 2 ohms, 150 watts at 4 ohms. That Avatar cab pumps thru that Peavey, it sounds great. A 2x10 would sound great too I'm sure, and maybe in the future I'll buy an Avatar 2x10 or 2x12 to compliment the 1x15. I will also buy a new power head for the 1x15, just because of the age and weight of the Acoustic 370. so have no fear the Peavey was made for a 2 ohm load. just my .02.