Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey tnt 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hateater, May 17, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    First off, I would like to say that the search feature is not working- otherwise I would have used it.

Ok, I have a peavey TNT 115, and I need a little more power out of it. I know little about ohms, but it says that i can get 200 watts out of 2 ohms. What does this mean exatcly? it says that I can also get 150 watts out of 4 ohms (I am guessing that is what I am at right now).

can someone help me out??

thanks

2. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    You're right. Right now you're runnung your amp withh 4 ohm load (internall speaker). If you connect 4 ohm external speaker, you will get maximum power of 200 ohms. If you connect 210TVX peavey cabinet (or any other 2 tens cabinet in 4 ohms) which complements well with internal 15" speaker, you will get wider frequency response and more power.

Peavey TNT is one of a few combos that go that low with impedance as 2 ohms. You connect either 8 or 4 ohm cabinet.

2 4ohm cabinets in parallel give 2 ohm total impedance.

3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Thanks man, that was the exactly the information I needed!

4. bluebyrd

bluebyrd

Jun 12, 2000
    I have a TNT 115. I just bought an Avatar CB115H cab, which has a single 15 inch speaker with a tweeter. I do run it with an Acoustic 370 head, but also thru the Peavey. It sounds great, and the Peavey doesn't get hot or anything like that. On the back there's a 1/4 inch jack for another cab, and it says minimum impedence 4 ohms, 200 watts at 2 ohms, 150 watts at 4 ohms. That Avatar cab pumps thru that Peavey, it sounds great. A 2x10 would sound great too I'm sure, and maybe in the future I'll buy an Avatar 2x10 or 2x12 to compliment the 1x15. I will also buy a new power head for the 1x15, just because of the age and weight of the Acoustic 370. so have no fear the Peavey was made for a 2 ohm load. just my .02.