Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey TNT amps Good Or Evil?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Osama_Spears, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Hello,

I have been playing for about 3 months now...and I have a little 10 watt practice amp,it's fine for practice(self practice) but,eventully...in the next few months,I'd like to get a band assembled...I was wondering if the Peavey TNT combo amp would be a good deal? I heard lots about it...so please,tell me your experiences with it...I appreciate

-Jon:oops:

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

3. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    I was wondering if the Peavey TNT combo amp would be a good deal? I heard lots about it...so please,tell me your experiences with it...I appreciate

You won't pay alot for the TNT and you will be rewarded with killer tone, decent amount of effects, tone shaping and voulume.

I have a TNT 115 S. The S stands for Sheffield speaker.

I am totally happy with this combo. Great for small to medium size gigs and rehearsels. You will find these on many a backline in clubs because of sound and durability and volume.

I also play through high end Ampeg gear and once had a SWR WM 12 combo. This combo IMO smoked the SWR WM 12.

I spent $225.00 on the TNT and have never been happier.

I have heard good things about the TNTs with Black Widow speakers as well.

4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I love mine with a Black Widow speaker in it. I use it with my 25 watt Fender as a bi-amp rig and it sounds beautiful. It cuts through very well with my band and I can get pretty darn good tone out of it with a little work. I would suggest getting some casters for it or someone to help you carry it though. Mine isn't called "the Beast" by my band for no reason. :D

:bassist:

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    i LOVE my Black Widow cab. it's just plain EVIL.

6. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    They offer major bang for the buck, but beware- Peavey has used "TNT" in lots of different ways over the years. The best TNT's in my opinion are the 130-160w models with a Black Widow. They come up used for pretty cheap.