1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Tour 450 vs Hartke LH 500 (and cabs)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Carax, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Carax

Carax

Sep 15, 2008
    Hey guys! i've read a lot of great info here, so i'll ask something to you!

I'm playing bass fora a "metal/metalcore/rock" band and we are just at the "composing stage", but we'll play some gigs soon and i have nothing but a custom luthier type 5 string bass based on a fodera, with two bartoline's caps. (i previously play the guitar and now im kinda "switching", so i dont really know all the bass stuff very well...) i was thinking about getting a pod and going direct and so (most cos i would use podx3 for guitars and vox too) BUT i decided go amped and now i dont know what to do... hehe :confused:

i thought getting a peavey tour 450 or hartke lh500 (i saw some good opinions about these around here) and a 4x10 and then a 1x15 or 1x18... but the heads are only 450w/500w... so ....will this be enough for the cabs? and i dont have so many choices since im in brazil and all the great stuff (gk, ampeg, and so) are REALLY expensive here :bawl: . i was thinking about getting a PEAVEY TVX 410 or BEHRINGER ULTRABASS BB410 (is that good?) i dont know if i'll need 4x10 but im afraid not getting all the sound ill need with a 2x10 :bassist: ... Do you have any sugestions for my "future" rig? are these good ? 500w is enough for giging? (for guitar even 50w was enough :confused: )

i like a little dist or (svt like) sound :D , so i was thinking about a sansamp bass direct driver too....

sorry for the book! :D
    i hope you can help me... thanks

OH! and what about Hartke VX 410? and WARWICK CB WCA 410 PO ?

2. qtowens

qtowens

May 30, 2008
    Ferndale, MI
    Being the owner of an LH1000, I recommend going with the LH500. Simple and LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Peavey 410 TVX is a great cabinet regardless of which head you decide on

4. 500 watts amp and 2 cabs should be enough. In bigger venues you can always use the PA for more power. Those Peavey TVX cabs are indeed a very good deal.

5. Carax

Carax

Sep 15, 2008
    thanks for the answers! its kind of what i was expecting ... i think itll be the TVXs and the lh500 ... if i want more power i can upgrade the head and keep the cab right?! so... thanx! :)

6. I bought the Peavey Tour 700 with the TVX 4-10 cab & the 1-15 cab. So far I love it, plenty of reserve power if I need it. Since this pic, I've rack mounted the head in nice gator 6 space case with wheels, & added a power management/surge protection. Now I'm working with my brother to make some custom road cases to keep down the damage as I play around town.

For me it was the best bang for the buck at the moment. The whole rig cost just $799 for the head & 2 cabs, new equipment from a music store that was shutting it's doors.

Attached Files: