1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey Tour Series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassoMatik, Aug 24, 2012.

1. BassoMatik

BassoMatik

Aug 23, 2012
    Has anyone played the Tour 700 head?

I am thinking about buying the 410 and/or the 210. Has anyone played through these?

Also, did anyone play the Headliner 115? What was your take on that one.

Are they a good deal for the money? And what did you think of them?

2. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    I just picked up a Tour 700 at a local pawn shop for $200, running thru a single 18" cab, with a Warwick corvette with fresh strings. Its a verrrry usable rock tone, plenty of volume.

The kosmos or w/e they call the built in octaver, I found to be pretty useless, unless the blend is only dialed in just a tiny bit. that creates just a hint of the sub-harmonic.

I wouldn't buy it new, but for the $200 or so I got it for, its doable.

3. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    I have not played any of the cabs you listed.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I just got back from a local store that sells Peavey. I tried the Tour 700 and the Headliner 600 with the Headliner 210, 410, and 115. I've been using a Headliner 410 at my rehearsal space and I liked it. I thought I wanted to get one for myself but after trying the 115, that's the one that I want.

I really liked the Headliner 600 too. I got both heads to sound pretty much the same. Not sure how loud each will go as I wasn't trying to play too loud in the store. A couple of bass players came over to say how good the rig sounded.

5. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Tour 700 is the same amp as the peavey firebass. look up firebass threads and reviews......lots of info on this site

6. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    I owned and play with the Tour 450 for about four years (which is the same thing pretty much with lesser watts). Like a few have said it outputs some very good tone and with the EQ it is easy to get close to if not the tone or sound you are looking for. And it was Peavey so it was always reliable and worked. Built solid as well. Picking one up in the $200-300 and change dollar range would be a good deal. As for the cabs, I have never used any of them.