1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Tour TKO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ibanez Bassist, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Does anybody know what passive monitor can be used with this model peavey amp ? There is a 1/4 external speaker out on the back of the amp marked to power a passive enclosure, I wanted to get a passive monitor but didn't know if it should be 4 Ohm or and 8 Ohm cab.. It doesn't indicate and I didn't know if it made a difference or if I could use either one (an 8 Ohm for less wattage or a 4 Ohm for More wattage) through it.. :confused:
    Thanks

2. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    The extension speaker would have to be 8 ohms or greater. The internal speaker is 8ohm and the amp will only go down to 4ohms min. so an 8ohm extension would give you a total load of 4ohms. Using a 4 ohm extension would bring the load down to 2.6ohms which is too low for that amp.

3. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    So a Cab or Wedge thats 8 Ohms or greater will work.. Thats what I needed to know, I want to thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it..
    Scott