1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Tuners

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dondabass, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Dondabass

Dondabass

Feb 25, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I just got a Peavey Forum bass from the 80's, but the heads of the tuners are very loose; the rattling is driving me nuts! Question: does anyone know where I can find replacement parts?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Godfather

Godfather

Feb 4, 2001
    perhaps Peavey ?

3. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    I think that only the G tuner is rattling because there is no G string.
    If that is not the case then you can get almost any replacement tuners and not just specific Peavey tuners. A photo of the back of the headstock might help.

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Ebay commonly has them pop up.

Chances are they were custom specified for Peavey... the backing plate is normally the difference.

I'll be pulling a set from one of mine in a bit to stealth it (if you're interested).

Tim

5. Did you get the wiring right on the forum? Also, the bass is probably a '94 Model.

6. Dondabass

Dondabass

Feb 25, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I should have given more info...
    First, thank you bassmanrocke for the wiring diagram. The electronics work great now!
    You are right, it is from around 1994. I slapped some new chromes on it and they sound great. The reason it is rattling is because the heads of two tuners are loose; they are seperating from the stem. For a quick fix, I slipped a small piece of clear, thin plastic in there as a shim. I'm wondering if standard fender tuners will fit, or do they need to be more of a vintage schaller type?

7. The nineties tuners have press in ferrules and are very similar to straight shaft 70's Fender tuners. They are also very similar to late ninties Chinese Squier tuners(also nickel plated). My guess is that either would be suitable as replacements. The tuners from earlier Peaveys have screw on ferrules. They will fit, but will not match up to the holes on the back.

8. Dondabass

Dondabass

Feb 25, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for the info! I'll do a search in the usual places.