1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

peavey TVX 210 (cone replacement question)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xpcapox, Dec 20, 2006.

1. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    one of the cones blew, and was wondering if a good placement would be a DeltaLite II 2510 - Neodymium 10"
    thanks.

2. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Do you want to go ahead and replace both?

3. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    depends how much its gonna cost.
    a little side story, this is for my schools rock club in which we play classic rock songs and then preform them at concerts throughout the year. One of the cones blew on the peavey and now the single cone which we play is really distorted at higher volumes so we need to replace the broken one to hopefully help the sound qquality.

4. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    If you decide on replacing them with Deltalites, you may want to check with Dave at Avatar. As I understand, he has some custom spec'd Deltalite 10s with increased Xmax (long throw).

Kim

5. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Since you're only using one driver in a box sized and tuned for two, I'm going to wager (and this isn't my area of expertise) that your single driver isn't operating under optimum conditions - conditions potentially hazardous to the driver even, especially when driven hard. I would find another cab to play through until the driver has been replaced or be ready to replace both drivers.

6. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Replace it with the same driver. The TVX210 cabinet comes with Sheffields and replacing one with something else that the cabinet was not tuned for probably isn't a good idea.

Since you have continued to play the cabinet with the single driver in it and it's distorting I would wager that you will be replacing that one soon as well. I would just order two new drivers from Peavey and be done with it. Or go buy another cab.

7. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    This may seem like a dumb question, but how do you know the other speaker is bad. It could be something as simple as a loose wire connection. There is a chance that one of the tensile(I think that's now it's spelled!) is broken, which is something that could be mended for a semi-permanent fix. Those are the leads that go from the speaker terminals to the cone.

If the speaker is bad, I would suggest replacing it with the original. This list will show you the part number.

From your description, I'm afraid the other speaker has taken some abuse. It may not last very long under those conditions.

8. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    we had somone look at it and play around with it and the speaker was shot so we removed it from the box and right now all it is one cone.

9. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    I hope you put a cover over the hole.

10. xpcapox

xpcapox

Nov 19, 2004
    ...no

11. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    In that case be prepared to have the second driver blow in short order.