Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavey tvx 4x10-good for blues??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Mar 21, 2004.

1. has any body herd the peavey tvx 4x10 is it good for blues or is it more of a death metal cabinet. when i say blues i mean stevie ray vaughan blues texas blues and a little bit of rock

2. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    So, where exactly do you draw the line between blues and death metal?

3. I used to own this cabinet when I played in a blues/rock band. We played SRV, Kenny Wayne, etc. IMO, the cabinet sounded great...it delivered plenty of bottom end, and nice crisp highs. I felt it was somewhat mid shy, but was able to dial that in. It's a very good stand alone cabinet. I've said this many times, I no longer use this cabinet because of the weight. It was killing my back, even with help.

As far as being a death metal cabinet, hmm. I'm sure it could be used for that...it could be used for any type of music actually. I don't think a cabinet alone determines what style of music it is designed for. You have to figure in amps, bass, effects, playing style, etc...

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    :p :D

5. alright good since you think it was a good bass cab for blues than i like it i went to try it today and it has a serius amount of low end which is very very very good