Peavey TVX Vs. Avatar Delta

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Texan, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    After a nasty divorce, I'm putting my rig back together. In the past I've used a 4x10 and 2x10 Peavey TXV setup. I love the sound and you can't beat the price. I have seen several good reviews about Avatar cabs. Has anyone had the chance to compare the two? If so, what did you like? I'm using a Trace-Elliot head and 4 and 6 strings all style of playing:help: . Thanks in advance.
  2. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I have not used the Avatar speakers but I have used a Peavey 2x10tvx and I have to admit that I like the tone of the black widow drivers much more than the shefields that are in the 2x10.
  3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I like the Peavey TVX, but IMHO, the Avatar 210 is better... especially the NEO (Deltalite) version. In fact, I STRONGLY recommend the NEO version if it can handle the power you want to feed it, and if not, then just get another one. :)

The reason I say this, is because I've had three Avatar 210's... the "standard" Delta, the Kappa Pro, and now the NEO, and have played through the TVX for long enough to compare it to them.

First, the Delta was a real nice cab, but the tone on the NEO's is noticeably better, IMHO.

I was not the least bit impressed with the Kappa Pros except by their back breaking weight (by comparison). Otherwise, I thought their tone was nowhere. Bad all the way around, IMHO.

Go NEO on these. You WON'T regret it!
  4. greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Yah, the Neo is not only lighter but it's got a better response.