1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TX 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murph_Orpheus, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I've been offered one of these 2nd hand for €120. I'm quite tempted to buy it, but wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on it first. Anyone ever use this cab? It's rear ported and it's a 90's model. Does it produce a decent amount of lows?

2. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I have one, great cab. I have never had any problems getting good, full lowend and punch. Looks like a good price too.

3. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Back in the day I used to have 2 of these and they were great cabs with lots of low end.

4. Cheers guys, I think I'll take a leap of faith and buy it. It is a pretty good price!

5. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I have one, stellar lows. Some beotch that they have a slight "scooped" sound (lots of lows and highs but a bit less mids) but that's not anything that can't be addressed via EQ. Getting the lows is what is usually the hardest.

6. ^ As Lug says,they are a bit mid scooped.No problem with the lows tho.I have one that's still going strong after 14 years.

They are built like a tank and weigh about 100 lbs so I hope you have a strong back or a cart for it!

7. I had a 210TX and still have a 410TFX, lots of lows, good solid cabs. And that's a steal of a price I think. (My 210TX sold for £110 a couple years ago).

8. Floridabwoy

Floridabwoy Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Great cab DO IT... i am running 600 watts to mine and the doctors say that I am sterile now.

Serously... sometimes it throws soundguys because it is so loud.

9. Finally a piece of gear I've owned, so I'll chime in even if I have nothing to add: Plenty lows, but pretty wide sounding. The "smiley" isn't that deep, so a little eq boost sets things pretty straight. I seem to remember they liked power to really shine, maybe due to the shy mids. And yes, is is a bit heavy for todays standards, but it's actually not too bad, as the box is relatively small. The TVX410 was a pain in the butt b/c it was just that bit larger. For £120 I'd say GO! Good luck!

10. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Bass Player had a 4-10 shoot out years ago and they gave this cab a great rating. I had a 210TX a long while ago. Very good cab.

11. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    Play through one often at a local blues jam with a Peavey pre into a Crown PA amp run bridge mono... great cab, great rig.

12. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I also have a 4X10TFX. I think you are the first person I've ever heard of that has one beside myself! :D

13. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Played a pair for 13 years...absolutely loved them! At 98 lbs apiece, they were almost 30 pounds lighter than my previous cabs and lugging them up and down two stories was a lot better(I'm a little guy...and old as dirt). Yes, they are somewhat 'mid-scooped'...actually I like that...they are built out of plywood-not MDF-and are very, very robust. I actually preferred the tone of the 410TX to any of the other 410s of the period...it simply fit me better.

Kim

14. Well I pulled the trigger and bought it, and boy am I happy I did! This thing is thunderous! I ran my Genz Benz 1200 through it, the cab is 8 ohm and rated at 350 watts so I had to be a bit careful with the volume on the GB as it runs 550 watts at 8 ohms, but even with the volume at about 9-10 o' clock it was way loud! And I'm getting an Orange Bass Terror next week, can't wait to run that little beauty through this cab! :bassist:

15. Haha, ditto, I haven't heard anyone mention having one before.

I'm guessing they weren't around for long, just a stop gap between the TX and TVX?

16. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx

I doubt it was more than 2 or 3 years. Everyone hated the rat fur. :D

17. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    I saw a tweed 410 peavey cab for sale locally, and almost bought it. it was the rear ported version.

sounded really good, looked cool in tweed, seemed quite heavy to lift. it did have lots of lows for a 4x10.

if they would of sold it for market value, I'd still maybe get it, but they wanted some crazy retail price. sorry.

good cab

18. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    ool. Never heard of a Peavey tweed 4X10 bass cab. Might be a recover. They did have tweed guitar 4X10 amps.

19. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Lug,

They used to make an all tube head called the Classic 300. They did make the 410TX(Bass) in tweed.

I'll echo all sentiments above. Peavey cabs are the bomb! I'm still playing through mine after close to 15 years. You gotta have a roadie or you need to plan for a hernia operation though.:smug:

:D

God Bless, Ray

20. The TX cabs were all rat fur I believe tho :p