1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey TX vs. TVX bass cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sweetcharlie454, Apr 16, 2010.

1. sweetcharlie454

sweetcharlie454

Apr 16, 2010
    I have owned a Peavy TX410 for a couple of years now and recently purchased a Peavy TVX810. It seems that despite the new looks and double the speakers, thier is less "bottom end" in the sound......is it just me??

2. i have heard the same. I have a Peavey TX410 w. pushed by a Crown XLS200 (600w bridged) and it shakes the walls.

3. i had a 410T and it thumped! i tried a tvx once it was very disappointing in comparison. i think the difference in the sound comes from different drivers as well as a different port location/size
    the 410T i had was 4ohm and had 16 ohm drivers in it with a rear port in the middle of the box

the tvx has 8 ohm Sheffields and a front port at the bottom if the box

i'm not a scientist so i cant say why....but the older ones just sounded better to me despite the "inferiority" of the drivers

kind of a moot point since i have 2 3620's now....

bfbs2.

MUHUWAHAHAHA

4. I've got a TVX 4x10 and too me it gets tons of bottom. Problem with it is I don't get enough low mid punch that I would like and it weighs 104 lbs, way too heavy for me. I just use it for rehearsal nowadays, it stays put.

5. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I own both the Peavey 4X10 TX and 4X10TXF (same as the TVX but with rat fur instead of tolex). The difference is a bit more mids presence in the TXF, bottom seems almost identical to my ears.